Fan on fan

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

.it's always the way with Wednesday fans we are crap and the hardcore stick with them ,we have a bit of success and others come back to the fold but as soon as that success starts to waiver then the whinging starts ......

BUT... the real difference here is that massive funds have been spent on the squad and the fans are being charged top prices.  That is the real reason why the expectation is much higher than in past decades.  Even the die hard fans amongst us expect more because of the investment in the squad and the prices we are being asked to pay.

• Like 1

ive seen fans scrapping this season or nearly coming to blows a few times , at Fulham they were proper going at it couldn't believe they didn't get chucked out, saw a 50 year old man leaving ground at Bolton asking someone to continue it outside ,seen quite a lot of fans arguing lately , I'm not a big fan of a certain player but someone near me clearly don't agree so I get an ear bashing . its not good is it all the fun seems to have gone,no singing in pub before game, very little players getting names chanted , its turning very toxic ,it needs sorting ,we all need to be on side and the only way that's going to happen is if carlos goes and maybe takes palmer with him . j that is not liam.

4 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Megson p*****s all over Carlos when it comes to being a manager

maybe we should get big ron back or maybe Wilkinson or maybe jack Charlton at least they were good managers who didn't spend 4 years on gardening leave  , if megson was still here we would be in league 2 didn't we lose 5-1 to Exeter and stevenge . someone I saw on Saturday threw there season ticket into bushes and says he never going again until carlos is sacked , well if megson came back I will do more than throw my season ticket like he did.

7 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

maybe we should get big ron back or maybe Wilkinson or maybe jack Charlton at least they were good managers who didn't spend 4 years on gardening leave  , if megson was still here we would be in league 2 didn't we lose 5-1 to Exeter and stevenge . someone I saw on Saturday threw there season ticket into bushes and says he never going again until carlos is sacked , well if megson came back I will do more than throw my season ticket like he did.

What a stupid thing to say no way would we be in league 2 under Megson don't be daft

6 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

What a stupid thing to say no way would we be in league 2 under Megson don't be daft

couldn't be ruled out we did get thrashed by quite a few minnows , all I can think is those what want megson are really carlos supporters so rest of us think we better keep him,no thanks I don't want has beens or yesterdays cast offs , mick McCarthy or nigel pearson got to be an experienced championship manager id have had steve bruce when he was available . 

18 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Getting beat, no not beat but thrashed at Hillsborough by the scrubbers from S2 outweighs any result at Exeter or Stevenage,

if you can't see the difference take up ice hockey...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

couldn't be ruled out we did get thrashed by quite a few minnows , all I can think is those what want megson are really carlos supporters so rest of us think we better keep him,no thanks I don't want has beens or yesterdays cast offs , mick McCarthy or nigel pearson got to be an experienced championship manager id have had steve bruce when he was available . 

We were third in the league after spending 0 on transfer fees (apart from O'Grady) no way would we be in league 2 under Megson

11 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Getting beat, no not beat but thrashed at Hillsborough by the scrubbers from S2 outweighs any result at Exeter or Stevenage,

if you can't see the difference take up ice hockey...

think you are getting me mixed up with the happy clapper carlos fans . getting beat 5-1 by minnows like them is humiliating , getting turned over by that lot at s2  is sickening ,2 different things . no way do I want megson back. anyone what does is seriously on sumut. get mick McCarthy his contract runs out at Ipswich at end of season he would be ideal for us.

50 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Even though we were at Bolton and you didn't need your season ticket there...reyt lol 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

think you are getting me mixed up with the happy clapper carlos fans . getting beat 5-1 by minnows like them is humiliating , getting turned over by that lot at s2  is sickening ,2 different things . no way do I want megson back. anyone what does is seriously on sumut. get mick McCarthy his contract runs out at Ipswich at end of season he would be ideal for us.

is that the same Mick McCarthy whose Ipswich team couldn't beat dem pigs at the weekend and hardly had a shot...can't wait

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Defeats and poor performances do come along to frustrate us. We, as fans, have to learn to go with the flow. At the moment we are disease ridden by impatience.

exactly.

Amazing that the general consensus is that no wonder fans are falling out because we are on a bad run. Bit lack no wonder the pig fans got annoyed against Norwich and wanted to fight,after all they did loose.

13 hours ago, torryowl said:

wow I don't think you grasp what being a supporter means .....it's easy when your winning it's when your not that the fans should be coming to the fore . .

Whilst I agree, we need to support the team. As a fan, who's been here longer than DC,CC and any of the players. Part of my role,and perogative, is to voice my displeasure at the terrible football, inflated prices and below par facilities. 

If I went to a restaurant and it was great but then it get mega expensive and the staff no longer cared I wouldn't just keep tipping them and saying how great it was,  I'd tell them. Or I'd vote with my feet. Unfortunately this is difficult if you truly care.

SWFC is a business and charging a premium for a sub-standard product. So far from cheering dross performances, as a true supporter, who cares for the club, I'll voice my opinion and hopefully ignite a change. It'll be too hard to walk away.