Megson Propaganda

6 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

Spot on A 12  i actually made that game and the atmosphere was unbelievable , everything was magic from start to finish , you could  feel the must win attitude from all in the ground from players megson and crowd ,every one of us was up for it that day and it is a feeling that will be hard to forget Megson was king for a day and all these moaning minnies loved him to bits for that 90 minuits ,

Had to re do it as fat finger syndrome decide to manifest it's presence lol

9 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

After united win the fans were singing Gary Megson as loud as they have sung for any other manager.

Megson would have got us promoted. The signing of Antonio (his signing) was what did it.

Bang on !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

It's beyond me how some people seem to remember the end of Megson's tenure. Someone on here said something like "everyone was calling for his head" I mean seriously wtf!? 

As I remember it the overwhelming majority were seriously pissed that he got the boot. Yes we were on a crap run, and doubts were starting to creep in for some, but Megson didn't get the chance to turn it around. He certainly didn't get the kind of support that CC is getting now. And yet, those who are so keen to give Carlos time to turn it around are the same people who say we were right to get rid of Megson the moment things looked to be on the slide!? For me you either believe in continuity or you don't. (Unless it's a ginger thing garymegson)

I can even accept the argument that MM got it right, after all, Jones came in, we went on a ridiculous run of form and got promoted. 

Yet somehow history (for some anyway) credits David Ronald Jones with that promotion. I mean come on!? The bloke spent the rest of his time here on the golf course and talking about badgers; dragging his miserable mug around press conferences and telling us all how lucky we were to have him. That was Gary Megson's team that went on that promotion run, it just happened that Jones was in the dugout. 

Some of us hold Megson in such high regard because he brought about an environment of discipline, passion and organisation this club hadn't seen for a decade or more. I think people are too quick to forget how low the club was when he was appointed. He may not have given us "total football", but a team playing with pride and belief was certainly something we had long been without.

He was never given the chance to finish the job. 

I'm sure Carlos will be extended greater courtesy. 

Post of the day

by a mile........

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stoop said:

So a few bullit points

•Hes one of us

•He's won promotion from this division twice

•He's managed in the prem

•He kept a side up in the prem when they looked dead and buried when he took over

•He's managed in europe

•He's got a great eye for a player

•His teams are fit, athletic, well organised, Powerful and take no prisoners 

He cleared out all the sh*te left by Irvine, and built a promotion winning squad in a single transfer window

Oh but we once lost to Stevenage so let's forget all of the above, and ridicule everyone who would like to see him back

1 hour ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

It's beyond me how some people seem to remember the end of Megson's tenure. Someone on here said something like "everyone was calling for his head" I mean seriously wtf!? 

As I remember it the overwhelming majority were seriously pissed that he got the boot. Yes we were on a crap run, and doubts were starting to creep in for some, but Megson didn't get the chance to turn it around. He certainly didn't get the kind of support that CC is getting now. And yet, those who are so keen to give Carlos time to turn it around are the same people who say we were right to get rid of Megson the moment things looked to be on the slide!? For me you either believe in continuity or you don't. (Unless it's a ginger thing garymegson)

I can even accept the argument that MM got it right, after all, Jones came in, we went on a ridiculous run of form and got promoted. 

Yet somehow history (for some anyway) credits David Ronald Jones with that promotion. I mean come on!? The bloke spent the rest of his time here on the golf course and talking about badgers; dragging his miserable mug around press conferences and telling us all how lucky we were to have him. That was Gary Megson's team that went on that promotion run, it just happened that Jones was in the dugout. 

Some of us hold Megson in such high regard because he brought about an environment of discipline, passion and organisation this club hadn't seen for a decade or more. I think people are too quick to forget how low the club was when he was appointed. He may not have given us "total football", but a team playing with pride and belief was certainly something we had long been without.

He was never given the chance to finish the job. 

I'm sure Carlos will be extended greater courtesy. 

giphy.gif.f4b0e250b45c140f0dbb7b94d9f51201.gif

We'd have stormed it via the playoffs that "Jones" season I reckon with GM in charge...and had another monster of a day out for the Final....Would have loved to see how and who he added to the squad too...it wouldnt have been a team of 'safe players' thats for sure!!

Edited by Prendo's boots

2 hours ago, Ronseal said:

People keep saying the game has moved on blah blah blah...yet mcarthy and warnock keep gettin mentioned has possible replacements..bizzare

and Allardyce.

Incidentally what happened to Bolton when Allardyce left and who was subsequently bought in to (successfully) salvage a disastrous season?

I'll give you a clue 

garymegson

Oh and what happened to Bolton after they got rid of Meggo?

Remember Megsons intro to the fans. One of his first questions asked with quivering seriousness was "Do you think we might go down" his answer was emphatic and quietly reassuring said with a broad smile "No ! " 

But that was a while ago and GM is too much of a gentleman to speculate while Carlos is the postholder.

5 hours ago, Stoop said:

So a few bullit points

•Hes one of us

•He's won promotion from this division twice

•He's managed in the prem

•He kept a side up in the prem when they looked dead and buried when he took over

•He's managed in europe

•He's got a great eye for a player

•His teams are fit, athletic, well organised, Powerful and take no prisoners 

He cleared out all the sh*te left by Irvine, and built a promotion winning squad in a single transfer window

Oh but we once lost to Stevenage so let's forget all of the above, and ridicule everyone who would like to see him back

100% this top post Stoop!

Edited by s6 owl