Megson Propaganda

9 hours ago, AyrshireOwl said:

I love Megson, he will forever be a legend of this club, however the guy wasn't able to get us out of league one. Why would him managing us in the championship be any different?

err

money 

money and money

he pestered MM to get antonio for months  he got him - team transformed 

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Who is Paul Thompso ?

lol

Pardon my sausage fingers:laugh: Seriously I always wondered what happend to Thompson. Who was a Sheffield born businessman (hence hiring the Megsons) I was perplexed why he didn't bid for you before MM. I know there was a big falling out at WBA just as our first promotion happened so that may explain it

So a few bullit points

•Hes one of us

•He's won promotion from this division twice

•He's managed in the prem

•He kept a side up in the prem when they looked dead and buried when he took over

•He's managed in europe

•He's got a great eye for a player

•His teams are fit, athletic, well organised, Powerful and take no prisoners 

He cleared out all the sh*te left by Irvine, and built a promotion winning squad in a single transfer window

Oh but we once lost to Stevenage so let's forget all of the above, and ridicule everyone who would like to see him back

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DuncOwl said:

Whether he would've taken us up in League one is a question none of us can answer. 1 answer we all know is that the football was insipid under Megson - no one can deny that. Some retorts that I've seen to this are that; so is the football now - so what, that isn't what you are arguing.

We know that this team plays well when in possession of the ball and working it through the zones... Megson does not know how to play this way (and is too old and stubborn to change his ways anyway if he did) and would not be able to get the best from this team. People who can't see this are either blind, stupid or simply on the wind-up.

WBA seem to be doing just fine.

14 minutes ago, Stoop said:

So a few bullit points

•Hes one of us

•He kept a side up in the prem when they looked dead and buried when he took over

•He's managed in europe

He brought pride, passion and belief back to our club.

He cleared out all the sh*te left by Irvine, and built a promotion winning squad in a single transfer window

Oh but we once lost to Stevenage so let's forget all of the above, and ridicule everyone who would like to see him back

Just added one point for you brother stoop.

50 minutes ago, Stoop said:

So a few bullit points

•Hes one of us

•He's managed in europe

Couldn’t have put it better myself. 

Let’s get him back now so we can save our season. 

56 minutes ago, Stoop said:

So a few bullit points

•Hes one of us

•He's managed in europe

We once lost 4-1 to Walsall at home ended up getting promoted automatically  to the prem. £60m richer his ours again now *Twirls waxed Moustache*:laugh:

He always said that running through grenoside woods wasn't just to improve fitness, it wasn't even to see who was the fittest players were. It was to see who had the heart and the right mentality to play for Wednesday 

13 hours ago, AyrshireOwl said:

I love Megson, he will forever be a legend of this club, however the guy wasn't able to get us out of league one. Why would him managing us in the championship be any different?

He would be a disaster but I'd have him in charge for one game

..The match at the Sty later this season.

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

So a few bullit points

•Hes one of us

•He's managed in europe

100%

28 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Some of the players would totally crap it if he came back. No being a favourite no it's all right I'll play next week choose what happens. 

A good dose of that is what some need 

Correctamondo....they are all livin on easy street at the moment

9 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He would be a disaster but I'd have him in charge for one game

..The match at the Sty later this season.

There's nothing in his previous managerial record to suggest he would be a disaster. Nothing.

how he turned our club around in such a short space of time from a team of losers heading for the fourth division to promotion contenders was an incredible achiecvement. Maybe some people are forgetting how bad it had become under Irvine.

It's beyond me how some people seem to remember the end of Megson's tenure. Someone on here said something like "everyone was calling for his head" I mean seriously wtf!? 

As I remember it the overwhelming majority were seriously pissed that he got the boot. Yes we were on a crap run, and doubts were starting to creep in for some, but Megson didn't get the chance to turn it around. He certainly didn't get the kind of support that CC is getting now. And yet, those who are so keen to give Carlos time to turn it around are the same people who say we were right to get rid of Megson the moment things looked to be on the slide!? For me you either believe in continuity or you don't. (Unless it's a ginger thing garymegson)

I can even accept the argument that MM got it right, after all, Jones came in, we went on a ridiculous run of form and got promoted. 

Yet somehow history (for some anyway) credits David Ronald Jones with that promotion. I mean come on!? The bloke spent the rest of his time here on the golf course and talking about badgers; dragging his miserable mug around press conferences and telling us all how lucky we were to have him. That was Gary Megson's team that went on that promotion run, it just happened that Jones was in the dugout. 

Some of us hold Megson in such high regard because he brought about an environment of discipline, passion and organisation this club hadn't seen for a decade or more. I think people are too quick to forget how low the club was when he was appointed. He may not have given us "total football", but a team playing with pride and belief was certainly something we had long been without.

He was never given the chance to finish the job. 

I'm sure Carlos will be extended greater courtesy. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

There's nothing in his previous managerial record to suggest he would be a disaster. Nothing.

how he turned our club around in such a short space of time from a team of losers heading for the fourth division to promotion contenders was an incredible achiecvement. Maybe some people are forgetting how bad it had become under Irvine.

He never reallly looked like getting us out of League 1

He hasnt managed a team since he left us

The game had moved on since Meggo left and so should everyone else who keeps calling for his return - it's pure fantasy.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl