Megson Propaganda

Guest RocketOwl
5 hours ago, hirstyno9 said:

Just imagine the feel good factor!!

Here’s a little poster to inspire the revolution! Or should I say the cult!?

megson business.jpg

Wouldn't be a great long term appointment.

Cant see any negatives on an interim deal till end of season. He could save the season. Lose on Saturday and with two home games next - why the hell not?

5 hours ago, hirstyno9 said:

Just imagine the feel good factor!!

Here’s a little poster to inspire the revolution! Or should I say the cult!?

megson business.jpg

He's our Precious now lol

Guest RocketOwl
3 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

No they were not and after beating united in his last match which was a massive game at the time I've never been so angry with wednesday on the day he was sacked.

Its not like us in the pro megson camp are just looking at this through blue coloured specs....he's done this before with west brom....he can find good emerging talent like marshall (and didn't megson find antonio?)

its time....it really is.

After united win the fans were singing Gary Megson as loud as they have sung for any other manager.

Megson would have got us promoted. The signing of Antonio (his signing) was what did it.

5 hours ago, AyrshireOwl said:

I love Megson, he will forever be a legend of this club, however the guy wasn't able to get us out of league one. Why would him managing us in the championship be any different?

Hello:biggrin:

7 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Dunno what you're trying to active, but the more folk push this, the more it pushes me away.

Unless you are applying for the managers job, who gives f**k.

2 hours ago, Prendo's boots said:

He's doing really badly at Burnley...well solid at the back...really work hard for each other...play good football...matching up well against teams waaay 'above' them...how dull !!! 

What's Ian Woan got to do with the price of fish?

Edited by Guest

He's doing really badly at Burnley...well solid at the back...really work hard for each other...play good football...matching up well against teams waaay 'above' them...how dull !!! 

We can have him as an assistant then. Sorted. 

Wait he's not even at Burnley.

I know some people give him credit for DJ's work but crediting him for a completely different team's success seems a bit far. 

Edited by southportdc
  • Haha 1

Thought he was Pulis's no 2 at WBA. Just shows how much I know.

Maybe megson would have taken us up...We will never know..Maybe The Blades would never have got 4 with Megson in charge of us..Maybe f.ookin' Stevenage would never have got 5 with Carvalhal in charge of us...We don't know...

We screamed blue murder when he was sacked, we cheered like f.ook when Jones took us up...Then we wanted Jones out..Its football its what happens.

Now the majority of us want Carvalhal out...If we get someone in that takes us up...fair enough...Do you honestly think we will with what is seemingly available?...I don't.

"ahh but Megson walked 'em up the Kop steps and and regaled them of the history...etc etc"..Do you think any of the present players would be moved by that...?

Hutch would get halfway up and lay down injured

FF would simply refuse to f.ookin' walk up...

Nuhiu would say "Yes boss" and charge straight up the f.ookin' Lepp..

I'm not majorly averse to changing it....

As i said previously, it would not mither me if they gave Carvalhal more time...Ive seen worse...

Throwing Megson in the mix is as much about parochial crap and history  than it is about football acumen..Same with Bullen...

If Wednesday are going to do it properly, they need to shell out and get someone with a history of doing it...No punting on a hopeful or owt like that..

Do you lot think DC has that knowledge to do that/...?

I honestly don't....Its admirable how he shells out the cash, but you need more than that don't you?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Maybe megson would have taken us up...We will never know..Maybe The Blades would never have got 4 with Megson in charge of us..Maybe f.ookin' Stevenage would never have got 5 with Carvalhal in charge of us...We don't know...

We screamed blue murder when he was sacked, we cheered like f.ook when Jones took us up...Then we wanted Jones out..Its football its what happens.

Now the majority of us want Carvalhal out...If we get someone in that takes us up...fair enough...Do you honestly think we will with what is seemingly available?...I don't.

"ahh but Megson walked 'em up the Kop steps and and regaled them of the history...etc etc"..Do you think any of the present players would be moved by that...?

Hutch would get halfway up and lay down injured

FF would simply refuse to f.ookin' walk up...

Nuhiu would say "Yes boss" and charge straight up the f.ookin' Lepp..

I'm not majorly averse to changing it....

As i said previously, it would not mither me if they gave Carvalhal more time...Ive seen worse...

Throwing Megson in the mix is as much about parochial crap and history  than it is about football acumen..Same with Bullen...

If Wednesday are going to do it properly, they need to shell out and get someone with a history of doing it...No punting on a hopeful or owt like that..

Do you lot think DC has that knowledge to do that/...?

I honestly don't....Its admirable how he shells out the cash, but you need more than that don't you?

If's and but's isn't it? It never got played out so no one will ever know. Our hero worship comes from how he was one of 4 people who turned our club around. I can't say the style was good it wasn't but it was needed at the time. We can forgive that because Both Megson's and Paul Thompso saved the club from going under. Peace then kicked it on. That why he was welcomed back with open arms by our fans