Megson Propaganda

1 hour ago, AyrshireOwl said:

I love Megson, he will forever be a legend of this club, however the guy wasn't able to get us out of league one. Why would him managing us in the championship be any different?

Impossible to say.  Beating the pigs, signing Antonio, Ched Evans getting sent down may well have been the key factors which would have lead to promotion under Megson just as much as it did under Dave Jones.

He's also done it twice with West Brom.  I see no reason why he couldn't do it a third time with us. 

16 minutes ago, Ronseal said:

Meggo wudnt have bottled the play offs..twice..and the s2 tramps wudnt av been puttin 4 past us..believe you me

And even if they had still put 4 past us with Megson here (which they wouldn't) then those players would have suffered big time in the aftermath, none of this "I'm protecting my players because I dont want them to face any hurtful comments, they can't handle it, leave them alone" 

These players are too comfortable under Carlos, it's all very very easy for them. 

Towards the end of his tenure I'm pretty sure a lot of people were calling for his head. Same as any manager really when the fat lady starts to sing.

Mr Chansiri and Carlos were the dream team back in the early days now they are Freddy and Jason to many.

Chris Wilder is the second coming of Christ at the moment, give it until the bad times hit, and they will, and he  becomes the bad guy.

People are so fickle.

2 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Towards the end of his tenure I'm pretty sure a lot of people were calling for his head. Same as any manager really when the fat lady starts to sing.

Mr Chansiri and Carlos were the dream team back in the early days now they are Freddy and Jason to many.

Chris Wilder is the second coming of Christ at the moment, give it until the bad times hit, and they will, and he  becomes the bad guy.

People are so fickle.

No they were not and after beating united in his last match which was a massive game at the time I've never been so angry with wednesday on the day he was sacked.

Its not like us in the pro megson camp are just looking at this through blue coloured specs....he's done this before with west brom....he can find good emerging talent like marshall (and didn't megson find antonio?)

its time....it really is.

1 minute ago, Owlinmad said:

People are so fickle.

You're right about the fickleness of course but that said Wilder's achievements over the other side of the city way outshine Carlos's efforts for us IMO.

1 hour ago, Lythamowl said:

No they were not and after beating united in his last match which was a massive game at the time I've never been so angry with wednesday on the day he was sacked.

Its not like us in the pro megson camp are just looking at this through blue coloured specs....he's done this before with west brom....he can find good emerging talent like marshall (and didn't megson find antonio?)

its time....it really is.

yes he did and wanted marshall also to finish the jigsaw he was denied both if i remember correctly so no one can say whether we would have got promoted or not under megson , but i believe we would have  and made a better fist of it after the promotion moreso than Jones did

Whether he would've taken us up in League one is a question none of us can answer. 1 answer we all know is that the football was insipid under Megson - no one can deny that. Some retorts that I've seen to this are that; so is the football now - so what, that isn't what you are arguing.

We know that this team plays well when in possession of the ball and working it through the zones... Megson does not know how to play this way (and is too old and stubborn to change his ways anyway if he did) and would not be able to get the best from this team. People who can't see this are either blind, stupid or simply on the wind-up.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

Whether he would've taken us up in League one is a question none of us can answer. 1 answer we all know is that the football was insipid under Megson - no one can deny that. Some retorts that I've seen to this are that; so is the football now - so what, that isn't what you are arguing.

We know that this team plays well when in possession of the ball and working it through the zones... Megson does not know how to play this way (and is too old and stubborn to change his ways anyway if he did) and would not be able to get the best from this team. People who can't see this are either blind, stupid or simply on the wind-up.

This x1000000000.

And whilst we'll never know if he would have taken us up or not, I have no doubt in my mind he would not have been able to replicate Jones's incredible run that saw us clinch automatic promotion. Milan got his sacking absolutely spot on.