Just a rumour...

1 hour ago, Muffinman said:

Interesting lunch, two suits on next table, one a well known ex player/pundit other someone I feel I should know but don't. He says he's driven 7 hours to be here, should have flown. Doesn't expect anything to happen before January. Other one, ex weds, says fans are great, but expect too much and quick to turn. Other guy says been out of game a while but as anxious to get back. Both feel CC has impossible job satisfying fans unrealistic expectations. Interesting eavesdropping. Both think terrible job at moment.

He's partly responsible for those expectations though. His first season set the bar very high.

6 minutes ago, Woozie said:

He's partly responsible for those expectations though. His first season set the bar very high.

And the second season he did even better with more points and a higher place...funnily enough we had a similar start in both seasons

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

And the second season he did even better with more points and a higher place...funnily enough we had a similar start in both seasons

Yeah, it seems we always start slow and come good in the second half of the season. Just wish he was able to get us over the line.

2 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Yeah, it seems we always start slow and come good in the second half of the season. Just wish he was able to get us over the line.

For me that is the problem...if he doesn't do it this season then DC will get someone else I'm sure

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

Do you really think they put in 100% effort against Preston, Pigs, Birmingham, Bolton etc 

yes i do .....they didn't play very well but not for a second did I think anyone of them wasn't trying to do there best ......you obviously do so do you have individuals that you can name or do you think collectively they all got together and decided not to give it there best shot . 

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

yes i do .....they didn't play very well but not for a second did I think anyone of them wasn't trying to do there best ......you obviously do so do you have individuals that you can name or do you think collectively they all got together and decided not to give it there best shot . 

I agree, sometimes individual players have bad games but up to now I don't think there has been a collective downing of tools or lack of effort, even by the odd few. Other than a couple of games against teams that have played open football why have played largely the same lethargic slow style in first halves in most of our games. If the manager wanted us to play with a higher tempo from the off then surely by now he would have dropped a fair amount of players for not doing so. This is not the case so they must be adopting the tactical approach that he prefers. 

2 hours ago, Muffinman said:

Interesting lunch, two suits on next table, one a well known ex player/pundit other someone I feel I should know but don't. He says he's driven 7 hours to be here, should have flown. Doesn't expect anything to happen before January. Other one, ex weds, says fans are great, but expect too much and quick to turn. Other guy says been out of game a while but as anxious to get back. Both feel CC has impossible job satisfying fans unrealistic expectations. Interesting eavesdropping. Both think terrible job at moment.

I've seen plenty of pundits and former players of a neutral stand point who have said that we are under-performing and now under achieving.

The expectation comes from the Chairman setting a target of promotion within 2 seasons which hasn't been met - tied in with the fact that he dismissed the previous manager as the football was not attacking or exciting enough........

The guy who has been anxious to get back into the game might be waiting a while longer if he thinks ours would be a terrible job to take on at the moment.

Every club in the division has the expectation of taking more than 0 points from 2 games against Bolton and Birmingham this season.

Guest Deleted member
5 minutes ago, markowl said:

My thoughts on you deleting your account on here.

You know you can't actually delete your own account on here?

Its a bit like Hotel California

"You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"

1 minute ago, brazilowl said:

36 pages just because someone on Twitter said he was going to be sacked. Why do people believe this rubbish. People going on radio Sheffield saying they know someone who knows someone who has told them it’s true. Jesus people now a days will believe anything. 

Have you heard anything ?

My mate says it says on Sheffield forum that Carlos is already on gardening leave in Lisbon.

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

Shirking challenges and hiding isn't giving 100% I'm sorry but it's unacceptable 

Wonder what players are thinking today and what today's training was like.

Can't be good following this rumour and that Sun article about Lambert coming in.

Also, targets for  January can't really be approached via their agents until it's sorted.

Need to act really fast. 

15 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Wonder what players are thinking today and what today's training was like.

Can't be good following this rumour and that Sun article about Lambert coming in.

Also, targets for  January can't really be approached via their agents until it's sorted.

Need to act really fast. 

I'll let you into a secret. Players don't give a throw. 

As for managers, we would have 100 applicants. 

As for targets and agents, they will follow the money, and would sign for Asil Nadir if the contract was right.