Just a rumour...

2 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Maybe being out of reach at Christmas? To let him go now would be panic and create more unrest. The reason I suspect most on here are pant wetting is because the pigs are above us. That waint last, their history proves it time and time again.

To save me searching, did you predict the pigs would be Top 2 come October? Or were you one of the posters predicting they would really struggle in the Championship? :ghoulguy:

27 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

You have got to be trolling surely? I respect people have different opinions but you're talking nonsense 

If he did go now, personally I'd have very low expectations for our upcoming 5-10 games. Gut feeling is it would be a shocker for morale.

Some clearly see it completely differently, but without a clear plan in place I'm also of the view that now would be a very bad time for us to be doing a headless chicken act. Hate the idea of the whole 'caretaker manager' thing in this critical pre-Christmas stage, and we've seen nowt to suggest anyone decent is lined up for a quick and seamless changeover.

For better or worse, I just can't imagine making CC take a very public fall for a run of inconsistent and underwhelming performances having a positive impact before January. In fact I'd fully expect the opposite.

Not clapping, believe me. I just really wouldn't feel any more optimistic about the near future than I do now if this all ended in a grim canning.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Once you lose the fans and it certainly looks like he has then this usually only ends one way but we're a club run by DC who does seem to be from the outside looking in, quite different from your average chairman/owner so who knows how this is going to go?

9 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

If he did go now, personally I'd have very low expectations for our upcoming 5-10 games. Gut feeling is it would be a shocker for morale.

Some clearly see it completely differently, but without a clear plan in place I'm also of the view that now would be a very bad time for us to be doing a headless chicken act. Hate the idea of the whole 'caretaker manager' thing in this critical pre-Christmas stage, and we've seen nowt to suggest anyone decent is lined up for a quick and seamless changeover.

For better or worse, I just can't imagine making CC take a very public fall for a run of inconsistent/underwhelming performances having a positive impact before January. In fact I'd fully expect the opposite.

Not clapping, believe me. I just really wouldn't feel any more optimistic about the near future than I do now if this all ended in a grim canning.

A shocker for morale amongst the players you mean? They have no excuses and you can't tell me they've been putting in 100% effort at all times so why does Carlos allow that to be acceptable? He lets them off lightly I'm pretty sure of it.

Edited by s6 owl

20 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

A shocker for morale amongst the players you mean? They have no excuses and you can't tell me they've been putting in 100% effort at all times so why does Carlos allow that to be acceptable? He lets them off lightly I'm pretty sure of it.

You may be right on that score, I don't know.

People have been calling for the manager to go since virtually his first game in charge. It is understandable as we have got through so many managers since relegation from the premier league, and fans get bored and a chance of manager is always interesting.

i have said it before, we should hire managers on the basis they can stay in the job until they lose, then we get a new manager. It's the only way to have a fan base who aren't always bleating on about sacking the manager.

its October ffs after two successful seasons, we have had a lumpy start owing to our best player Loovens being injured and therefore our defence is struggling. We have finished 6th and 4th in the last two seasons, absolutely bang on expectations and narrowly lost a play off final then lost on pens in the semi . These are fine, fine margins. 

Patience is required. 

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

People have been calling for the manager to go since virtually his first game in charge. It is understandable as we have got through so many managers since relegation from the premier league, and fans get bored and a chance of manager is always interesting.

i have said it before, we should hire managers on the basis they can stay in the job until they lose, then we get a new manager. It's the only way to have a fan base who aren't always bleating on about sacking the manager.

its October ffs after two successful seasons, we have had a lumpy start owing to our best player Loovens being injured and therefore our defence is struggling. We have finished 6th and 4th in the last two seasons, absolutely bang on expectations and narrowly lost a play off final then lost on pens in the semi . These are fine, fine margins. 

Patience is required. 

Loovens our best player? Really?  I agree our defense doesn't look as strong when he's not playing, but that's only due to us not having anybody good enough to step in.  Its a crime Carlos didn't sign a proven championship center back, he's had all summer! That's a sack-able offence in its self, he's got to go

9 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

A message from who?

If he is back in Thailand why would he make the big decision to sack the manager from there but not have a plan in place to get a new manager until he is back in Sheffield - whenever that may be - when we have important games coming up?

If all the backroom staff have gone too who is he putting in charge if nobody is lined up for the job?

Apparently there was an emergency meeting held between the board members and the message ive been shown was sent to one of my family members who knows this person well but the message stated to keep it from the media and that the board was sasked to keep a lid on it to be professional but im not professional haha. I dont know how true it is and I cant post the message because it clearly shows the persons name on it.

we will find out today one way or another

5 minutes ago, JaddyOwl said:

Apparently there was an emergency meeting held between the board members and the message ive been shown was sent to one of my family members who knows this person well but the message stated to keep it from the media and that the board was sasked to keep a lid on it to be professional but im not professional haha. I dont know how true it is and I cant post the message because it clearly shows the persons name on it.

we will find out today one way or another

Board members???didnt think we had a board

Loovens is our best player by some distance.  Hence why he is our captain and we are watertight in defence when he plays. The man is a master at the art of defending, the best i have seen at the club in terms of natural defensive ability since Pearson and anderson.

i actually think we have done the right thing on centre backs and bought one for the future. Van aken will be a great defender with some intensive coaching on his footwork issues. Young and has a lot of great attributes.