Sheffield Wednesday Team for Saturday

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wildsmith 

Palmer       Venancio       Loovens      Pudil

Joao            Lee                Bannan         Wallace

Nuhui          Hooper

Nuhui really,ffs

How can everyone keep putting hunt in there? He is awful. Palmer did more good things in that Leeds game than he has done all season. If you didn't go to the game and see, I would advise you to watch the highlights and see how many of the good things he was involved in. 

Also I will give Van Aken a bit of time before rushing to a judgement but I'd like to see Loovens back in there too now he's back fit as we are better wirh him in the team. 

Guest RocketOwl

Wing Backs from start like he does second halves and attack game from off.

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Hutchinson

Reach 

Bannan

Lee

Hooper (hole)

Nuhiu

Joao

Edited by RocketOwl

Let's be honest. We have no idea.

Carlos has destroyed any recognisable attribute to each and everyone of the team ( goalies aside )
We are all trying to pick an 11 based upon how they used to play

Not since this idiot has destroyed them.

Hoopers one of the few that comes out of this with any credit at the moment.

No idea... just hope we have one of the " few " games where we play well. But, expect a dire first half, a decent second half start

and then to either cling on for a loss or cling on for a point or win with backs to the wall the last thirty minutes..

he needs to go back to what worked last season and grind out a result ,not pretty but we are/were good at it and we need to start getting more clean sheets  .....the old back 4 of hunt,lee,loovens,pudil  with hutch sat in front of them and hopefully westwood back in goal .....a 3 of Wallace ,lee, bannan in midfield ..fletch & hooper up front 

13 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

There is an argument, that you could make 5 or 6 changes for Saturday but I would focus on the defence and go back to the tried and tested defensive unit of Westwood, Lees, Loovens and Hutch in defensive midfield as we have looked very solid with this quartet in the side over the last couple of years. I would stick with the diamond in midfield which will allow Lee and Bannan to play their natural games. I would drop Wallace if there was an option but I don't want to play Jones and I don't trust Matias to start in a must win game.

Lees and Loovens are pretty poor with the ball and I would make clear that their remit is to get the ball to either Hutch or the full backs as quick as possible without dithering with the ball. Don't want to see Bannan coming deep. Joao to be our first sub option - don't know why he wasn't brought on at half time on Saturday.

Team;

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Reach

Wallace

Lee

Hutch 

Bannan

Fletch

Hooper

By the way, don't want to scapegoat Van Aken here but we are where we are and we need that defensive solidarity back. Think he will be a very good player and I hope Loovens mentors him in his positional play and how to defend.

Thoughts?!

An awful midfield and a defence that highlights the improvements needed havent been addressed.

13 hours ago, York_Owl said:

In desperate need for a change in tactics and formation. Ideally 4-3-3 but with Forestieri out I would go 3-5-2. The key being a three man central midfield.

-----------Westwood------------

---Lees-----Loovens-----Van Aken 

Hunt Lee Hutch Bannan Reach

---------Joao------Hooper--------

This but no Reach, sick of watching him . I'm sick watching a lot of them to be fair 

15 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

There is an argument, that you could make 5 or 6 changes for Saturday but I would focus on the defence and go back to the tried and tested defensive unit of Westwood, Lees, Loovens and Hutch in defensive midfield as we have looked very solid with this quartet in the side over the last couple of years. I would stick with the diamond in midfield which will allow Lee and Bannan to play their natural games. I would drop Wallace if there was an option but I don't want to play Jones and I don't trust Matias to start in a must win game.

Lees and Loovens are pretty poor with the ball and I would make clear that their remit is to get the ball to either Hutch or the full backs as quick as possible without dithering with the ball. Don't want to see Bannan coming deep. Joao to be our first sub option - don't know why he wasn't brought on at half time on Saturday.

Team;

Westwood

Hunt

Lees

Loovens

Reach

Wallace

Lee

Hutch 

Bannan

Fletch

Hooper

By the way, don't want to scapegoat Van Aken here but we are where we are and we need that defensive solidarity back. Think he will be a very good player and I hope Loovens mentors him in his positional play and how to defend.

Thoughts?!

Tom Lees always struggles when he's not at the side of Loovens, so it makes sense, I'll be at the match but only because my Derby mate bought them as soon as they went on sale. 

With all all the money that has been spu..nked  up the wall in the last 2 years I can't believe we have gone backwards. 

I have been anti Carlos since the Huddersfield games but the final straw was taking Butterfield when we could have had Bryson and letting go another Striker who never really had a chance in Winnall go.

I know Rhodes missed a couple of chances on Saturday but his confidence has been shot to F...ck ...

The sooner Carlos is gone for me, the better, regardless of the results over the next 3 matches 

Because when it comes to the crunch he always fails when it really matters

Lets hope I eat Humble pie !

Edited by Bluey9

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, james o connor said:

I’d be interested to know why Hutchinson is back in peoples teams? He came on sat and like his previous ten games was abysmal including hashing one into our goal. 

No idea why people rave over a player who is either injured , fouling or holding the centre halves hands 

Cos he's better than Jones.  Quite simple really mate.  Even if you don't play him in midfield I'd drop Lees and play him at centre half.