What do YOU want from SWFC?

4 hours ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Not at all, but i do aplogise for any confusion that has arised.What i tried to bring up was the affordablity of Match day tickets for people like myself that just cannot afford to go on a regular basis especially those that work on very Insecure/Zero Hour contracts and i unfortunely happen to work on Zero Hours.

Fair enough thanks for the clarification. No need to apologise.  It is a shame with the way ticket prices have gone. I don’t mind paying if the entertainment factor is there. I was listening to a Man City fan on 606 on Saturday night complaining they have to pay £45 a ticket (£50 with a booking fee). This was AFTER he’d seen his team score 7 against stoke!!! 

I somehow don’t think watching Man City every week is only £3 more entertaining than a match at hillsborough.

• Like 1

Just now, GOAT#12 said:

Fair enough thanks for the clarification. No need to apologise.  It is a shame with the way ticket prices have gone. I don’t mind paying if the entertainment factor is there. I was listening to a Man City fan on 606 on Saturday night complaining they have to pay £45 a ticket (£50 with a booking fee). This was AFTER he’d seen his team score 7 against stoke!!! 

I somehow don’t think watching Man City every week is only £3 more entertaining than a match at hillsborough.

Cheers,Personally,My problem with attending home matches and the subsequent cost of the match day tickets every Sat fortnight is that of my contract of employment which is a zero hours one and that makes it for me financially more challenging that if i was in a Full time contract.That's why i brought up this issue earlier and i don't think i'm the only one on OT who is facing the issues as i'm at present.Hopefully i'll try to get myself down to S6 for the next home fixture.WAWAW.

6 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Within 3 seasons 'Sir' Jack got us out of the 3rd div and along the way took Arsenal to 5 games in the FA cup, gave us the 'Boxing Day Massacre' and our pride back.

then took us to within points of going back to the 1st division + a semi - final game, all on a shoe string.

Kickaball looks to be taking us back to the 3rd division, having had 10's of millions to spend.

If Owlstalk would have been around then I bet some if the same fans would have been complaining the football was boring and calling for his head. Complaining we had too many wingers, or the stripes were too stripey.

Big Jack in second division:

80/81: 42 games, 53 goals = 10th

81/82: 42 games, 55 goals = 4th

82/83: 42 games, 60 goals = 6th

Were Big Jack's resources really that different to the other 23 teams in the league? Shrewsbury Town picked up a very similar number of points in 2 of those three seasons and their budget would surely have been smaller than ours.

At the arsenal game there seemed a real belief that ' we're Sheffield Wednesday we're on the way back', that momentum now seems to have been lost. 

We need it back otherwise this 18 year exile in the football wilderness could be for a good few years yet. 

(even typing it now I can't quite believe it's 18 years) 

7 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

If Owlstalk would have been around then I bet some if the same fans would have been complaining the football was boring and calling for his head. Complaining we had too many wingers, or the stripes were too stripey.

Big Jack in second division:

80/81: 42 games, 53 goals = 10th

81/82: 42 games, 55 goals = 4th

82/83: 42 games, 60 goals = 6th

Were Big Jack's resources really that different to the other 23 teams in the league? Shrewsbury Town picked up a very similar number of points in 2 of those three seasons and their budget would surely have been smaller than ours.

Big Jack turned round a ship that was leaking cash and sinking into the 4th Division and built a side - including a few young lads - that Wilko tweaked to get us into Div 1.

He is a God amongst Wednesday managers. 

And he gave us the Boxing Day Massacre. 

Edited by rickygoo