What do YOU want from SWFC?

We need players with bottle. We don't challenge for 1st/2nd balls. We don't get in teams faces. We don't press. We sit back and invite pressure. Last year we was lucky. That luck has now ran out. You look under Gray, he got the best out of everybody and we had a decent finish. The players wasn't much cop but there was a team togetherness. There's not of that at the minute. We rely on 'key' players far too much. If United lost a player through injury, they miss him. We lose one, we really, really miss him. I.e Fessi, Hooper last year. So for me, team spirit and a togetherness

53 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

second wish.More affordable ticket prices to try and get back the real fans who have frankly been priced out of going to watch our beloved team.:columbo:

So the fans who have spent money and do turn up are not real fans ? Quite possibly, the most misguided, inaccurate, and quite frankly insulting post I have read on this site.

Well done.

Just now, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

So the fans who have spent money and do turn up are not real fans ? Quite possibly, the most misguided, inaccurate, and quite frankly insulting post I have read on this site.

Well done.

tbh, i'm one of those fans who love to go on a regular basis but just cannot afford to because i'm one of the unfortune fans who has a Zero Hours contract at work and therefore cannot make every home game due to my limited income ie £160 for 4 days work last week.God knows what i'll be earning next week.But i will take back the insignuation that the real fans that spend £500 plus on season tickets aren't real fans.So i do apologise for any incccurate and insulting quotes.

Hope. Genuine hope that I’ll get to see my team back where they belong sometime soon. I sympathise with younger Owls, it’s never good to feel let down by your team at any age, but I’m of the age where I don’t know how many more years I’ll get to games. I already have to rely on other people’s help, jam tomorrow is no good for me and many like me, and nearly 2 decades out of the top tier is simply not good enough for a club like Wednesday whatever age you are. Unfortunately as somebody else posted it’s the bloody hope and false dawns that kill us, but what is there left without it?

1 hour ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

second wish.More affordable ticket prices to try and get back the real fans who have frankly been priced out of going to watch our beloved team.:columbo:

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that people who can afford the tickets are not real fans?

I, like you, have been a follower for 50+ years and interestingly have read owlstalk for some time but never felt the need to participate. However, this has changed over the last few months, so here goes. I agree it's time for a change, as I've been telling my peers for some time now. CC doesn't appear to have the knowledge of how to change a game and persists in playing Reach out of position at left back (gone mushrooming), while Pudil sits it out and we are getting hammered down the right flank week after week, if the opposition manger has done his homework. There is a lot of speculation and names being thrown about and personally I would like SAM ALLERDYCE to be considered, proven track record and task master. Yes he made a mistake and paid the price but show me a man who says he's never made a mistake and I'll call him a liar. I would like to see the change made imminently, before the we drop totally out of touch. CC has plateaued and I believe doesn't have the capability to take us any further. This is obviously compounded by the position of the Blunts, which is a bitter pill to swallow at the moment. Come on Dejphon, grow some and sort it.

My Dad has always had a good saying in the context of work. "Always do your best, if it's not good enough so be but never let anyone say they are getting rid of you because of lack of application".

In the context of SWFC that should equally apply. That on and off the pitch you do the absolute best with the resources made available.

My dis-satisfaction is very much that the Club as a whole is running at say 80% capacity. The fact they are not delivering what they are capable of or should be capable of I find unforgivable. 

That is what I want from SWFC a sense that the absolute best is being delivered.  

Just now, GOAT#12 said:

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that people who can afford the tickets are not real fans?

Not at all, but i do aplogise for any confusion that has arised.What i tried to bring up was the affordablity of Match day tickets for people like myself that just cannot afford to go on a regular basis especially those that work on very Insecure/Zero Hour contracts and i unfortunely happen to work on Zero Hours.

1 hour ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Good question.

I've come to suspect that some fans are quite happy to be a better than average Championship side. Maybe it's all the years in the wilderness, the yo-yo-ing, the having to watch a team of other clubs cast-offs and bench warmers. Wondering if we'll even be in business come the end of the season, let alone in the same division. But there does some to be a body of opinion that there's nothing particularly wrong about being an upper mid-table Championship side with realistic prospects of reaching the play-offs and the possibility that we might somehow stumble into the Premiership via the back door.

Personally, I think we should be aiming higher. That doesn't mean I have a sense of entitlement, or that we have any particular right to be a Premiership side. But IMO it's a realistic objective. We have the fanbase, the ground and the finances to be a Premier League club, and I think that's what we should be aiming and building towards.

Just about sums up how I feel about the club at the moment .

I don't want Chansiri to sack Carvalhal, only to then take 2-3 weeks dithering around, looking for a replacement.  That would be a waste of our season.

Hopefully once CC is given the sack, a replacement is already lined up to take over straight away.  A shrewd chairman would have already been making phone calls to the likes of Karanka, Lambert etc.

Let's hope Chansiri is doing the right thing for our club.  I'm not too concerned about the silence coming out of the club.