What do YOU want from SWFC?

After 50 years of watching  the owls, all I have ever wanted is a club run Professionally.

I only want to see a club run, from top to bottom to realise one thing, SUCCESS both on the field and off it. 

That means  brining in people who will do anything, ANYTHING, that bring s success to the club.

If that means we are disliked by other Fans in the League, so be it.

After 50 years, I am fed up of being the nice guy, being the team that other Teams LIKE playing against, because we will sit back and let other teams bully us out of games, it didn't used to be like that under the likes of 'Sir' Jack Charlton or 'Sgt' Wilko, teams then were afraid of coming to Hillsborough, today they look forward to coming here because they know we will give them an easy time and give them chances to win the game while we stand off them.

Edited by adelphi1867

1 minute ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Get rid of CC pretty sharpish. garymegson

HE would get my vote.

I am fed up of the European style of Football.

We are English, we are SHEFFIELD Wednesday, an area that used be known as a hard working area of England, when did this area become a soft touch?.

• Thanks 1

Good question.

I've come to suspect that some fans are quite happy to be a better than average Championship side. Maybe it's all the years in the wilderness, the yo-yo-ing, the having to watch a team of other clubs cast-offs and bench warmers. Wondering if we'll even be in business come the end of the season, let alone in the same division. But there does some to be a body of opinion that there's nothing particularly wrong about being an upper mid-table Championship side with realistic prospects of reaching the play-offs and the possibility that we might somehow stumble into the Premiership via the back door.

Personally, I think we should be aiming higher. That doesn't mean I have a sense of entitlement, or that we have any particular right to be a Premiership side. But IMO it's a realistic objective. We have the fanbase, the ground and the finances to be a Premier League club, and I think that's what we should be aiming and building towards.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

HE would get my vote.

I am fed up of the European style of Football.

We are English, we are SHEFFIELD Wednesday, an area that used be known as a hard working area of England, when did this area become a soft touch?.

Excellent post.You just cannot play Real Madrid/Barcelona style football in the Championship given that the majority of the sides are going to be of a Physical Nature ie Cardiff City,Millwall and will know how to stop us from playing our way to the Premier League.CC Needs to go and go quickly before our stuttering season goes from bad to worse.

3 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

I want success on and off the pitch. We need to be in the premier league. 

To get there won’t be easy. And we won’t get there with CC in charge. 

We we need a man who will get us there.

We need garymegson

i'll drink to that. two pints of SA please. :biggrin:

I want us to be competing to our full potential both on and off the field. Nobody in their right mind could argue that we are doing either of these currently.

It was frustrating when we didn't have a pot to p**s in, but most of the time it was abundantly clear why were in such a mess and pretty difficult to see a way out of it.

Right now, we should have all the tools to be firing on all cylinders; instead we are waiting for a kit that's 3 months late and watching a squad, just a few years ago we could only of dreamed of look like run of the mill midfield outfit.

there seems to be an apathy in the club, certainly from CC, and listening to some players interviews them as well

its a sort of acceptance that the league is tough, granted, and that we will win some and lose some, but so do other teams so that makes it ok

NO it doesnt

Newcastle and Brighton were on a MISSION last season and it was clear to see

We should now be thinking same but for all DC saying he wants promotion we dont appear to be a club on MISSION -we just go with the flow, win some, lose some, play well, dont play well, but other teams do  it blah blah 

The first season with CC we enjoyed the ride. Last season Hudds and Reading enjoyed a similar ride and now United are doing same

Thought last season Wolves were a bit of a joke but theyre now beginning to look the real deal and seems like they are on that MISSION

No one else stands out and if we were to get our arse in gear and aim for it we can surely do it

Maybe its the CC personalty, laid back, amiable, affable, likeable or those things but winning metality - what does his record suggest?  

1 minute ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

there seems to be an apathy in the club, certainly from CC, and listening to some players interviews them as well

its a sort of acceptance that the league is tough, granted, and that we will win some and lose some, but so do other teams so that makes it ok

NO it doesnt

Newcastle and Brighton were on a MISSION last season and it was clear to see

We should now be thinking same but for all DC saying he wants promotion we dont appear to be a club on MISSION -we just go with the flow, win some, lose some, play well, dont play well, but other teams do  it blah blah 

The first season with CC we enjoyed the ride. Last season Hudds and Reading enjoyed a similar ride and now United are doing same

Thought last season Wolves were a bit of a joke but theyre now beginning to look the real deal and seems like they are on that MISSION

No one else stands out and if we were to get our arse in gear and aim for it we can surely do it

Maybe its the CC personalty, laid back, amiable, affable, likeable or those things but winning metality - what does his record suggest?  

Hopefully,Him getting his P45 sooner rather than later. :columbo:

I want to see attacking football from the first minute of games

Blue and White striped Wednesday shirts

Affordable ticket prices so me and my kids can start going to matches again

carlos gone

These are the main points to get us back on track and feel like it's my club again.

• Like 1