Bolton vs SWFC “Highlights”

On 15/10/2017 at 12:58, frastheowl said:

As I was walking out yesterday, I did say that we were fortunate we didn't take a mauling. 

And looking at the highlights (on the FLS), we certainly were. 

Bolton should've had at least 4, if not 5 or 6. 

Shambolic defensive display, caused by a overly sluggish start to the game, and a desperate 2nd half display, where our only answer to Bolton's dominance, was to throw everybody forward. It's Sunday League stuff. No balance, no middle ground, no organisation. 

Carlos has gone from been a manager who, tactically, was superb. A breath of fresh air. To a manager, who cannot get his team to function any sort of consistency or tactical discipline. 

Bang on the money fras .. the swagger and relaxed style/swift counter attacking but great passing game has gone for a rigid grind out a victory (last season) to this seasons complete and utter mish mash of persisting with this diamond formation and the full backs providing the width ..

we really do not have a plan b once we are in action .. in my eyes ..2 big lumps at the back and we continue playing it narrow. No defensive screens in frot of the full backs, first half always letting the other team play before coming out and starting when its too late. so sad how this season seems to be panning out ...

This could have been a lot worse result for us on par if not worse than the pigs game .. losing to Bolton ffs who haven't scored in god knows and haven't won a game in f*ck knows .

players are bottling it and the manager does not have a clue how to get them fired up and is stubbornly persisting with tactics and a formation that is quite frankly dire.

no consistency, no creativity, no nothing. not got a clue

Have just Sat through the extended highlights and I've vindicated what I saw on Saturday. Just how poor was Hutchinson, the own goal looked freakish from the other end, but watching back, just what was he trying to do?. Bannan giving the ball away for the first goal and then Jones and reach backing off. Lots of people have a go at reach for his crossing, but he actually put a couple of good ones in, yet the man who thrives on crosses cant hit a barn door. Maybe hooper on the end of them and we might have won. I've been all for Carlos, but the players have gone, as carlton palmer said, the dressing room needed change otherwise the players get cosy. This season it's beginning to look like when Wallace can be arsed we get a result, and he certainly wasn't arsed on Saturday. We can't sack the players as we saw with derby last year so for me unless we get 7 points from the next 3 games then he's a gonner. Sad really, but it always ends up the same. 

58 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Bang on the money fras .. the swagger and relaxed style/swift counter attacking but great passing game has gone for a rigid grind out a victory (last season) to this seasons complete and utter mish mash of persisting with this diamond formation and the full backs providing the width ..

we really do not have a plan b once we are in action .. in my eyes ..2 big lumps at the back and we continue playing it narrow. No defensive screens in frot of the full backs, first half always letting the other team play before coming out and starting when its too late. so sad how this season seems to be panning out ...

This could have been a lot worse result for us on par if not worse than the pigs game .. losing to Bolton ffs who haven't scored in god knows and haven't won a game in f*ck knows .

players are bottling it and the manager does not have a clue how to get them fired up and is stubbornly persisting with tactics and a formation that is quite frankly dire.

no consistency, no creativity, no nothing. not got a clue

We lost this due to having little pace up front, probably the reason FF is usually always played up front, J-Wow would help but probably isnt the answer.

With little pace the opposites can use a high line squeezing the space, where it all becomes congested and we pass the ball too slow to make a team move.

Far too much is expected of our fullbacks, too be the ones providing the width and also getting back to defend.

We should have been spending £10 million on these. I know Reach cost supposedly around £5 million but he came as a wideman.

The normal wide men tuck in congesting it a bit more.

We all know this and have seen it and yet we play the same way week in week out.

Rowett's team talk Saturday will probably go like this.

Right lads have a high defensive line, 

Press early and make sure Bannan is picking the ball up on the edge of his box.

If Lees gets it let him have it and mark your man, he'll knock it long left sided defender win the header, we should win the second ball as Wednesday's midfield will be 20 yards away. Keep your shape should be easy and they play very slow.

The same with crosses into the box if it's cleared to the edge we should pick up the second ball.

When we have the ball in defence knock it around, the two forwards will try and press you but keep calm and patient. The third man will join in, usually a wide man, quickly pop the ball into the space he came from and we have a two on one with the fullback.

If you have the ball at your feet run at them, they will back off and back off until they reach the edge of their area.

Peg them in their half in the first half. In the second prepare for a 20 minute spell, just weather the storm it will quieten down.

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

Right I am here just to offer a view on the game. It has taken a few days to get membership here authorised. 

Not sure where people get 3 pens and 3 red cards from. 

You lost because you let a poor team with no confidence get in front by starting slowly. Blame the ref for incidents but that is ignoring the rest of the game. If Madine scores the tap in or half decent ball to Vela when we had 2 on 1 breaks the score could have a lot worse. 

The challenge in the area on Fletcher looks worse from the TV angle both players went to win the ball. Tellingly no players appeal. 

The Moralis handball is red if you do not score but as you did is the right call. 

The pen/dive I thought was a pen but Wheater does not lunge in his feet are planted and your lad was a bit dramatic as he went down but refs should get them right. 

Ameobi also took quite a few knocks one a booking for your right back and eventually went off injured. 

Your support was was superb and miles more than your neighbours. But the reason you lost was not down to the ref. Your manager is a total wee wee tail glad too see most of you seem to agree with that. 

Genuinely not here to have a slanging match and happy to discuss anything about the game hopefully without the usual insults