In the papers today - Paul Lambert being lined up for SWFC Manager job

41 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

When Megson’s name is mentioned I always wonder if he would be remembered as fondly if he didn’t win that Derby. The answer is an emphatic “no”. 

Some of the stuff people say about him suggests distorted memories. We used to start games really slowly under him too

Every club Big Sam manages seems to be cursed. He does en

19 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Believe...

357F880A-7E7E-481E-923D-77038D1E95A1.jpeg

Every club Big Sam manages seems to be cursed. He does enough to keep them up but he never leaves a happy dressing room or solid foundations for the next manager to build upon.

At Bolton he relied on big money wages for 30-somethings to keep them up, the debt was unsustainable and spiralled out of control. They're in a right state now.

Newcastle got sucked into their first relegation in ages after his short stint. Shortly before he took over they were a Champions League team.

Blackburn have been a disaster ever since he left.

West Ham had one good season under Bilic but now are struggling.

Sunderland collapsed.

Palace seem a dead cert for relegation already.

Guest wilyfox

Wouldn't be against Lambert. He likes 4-3-3 and counter-attacking football with pace. Could use a bit of that here. 

Big Sam would be great, but does he want it? Probably not.

Karanka? ..has the personality of Alan Irvine and Dave Jones combined. No thanks. 

4 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Wouldn't be against Lambert. He likes 4-3-3 and counter-attacking football with pace. Could use a bit of that here. 

Big Sam would be great, but does he want it? Probably not.

Karanka? ..has the personality of Alan Irvine and Dave Jones combined. No thanks. 

Agree with you there, I actually think Lambert would be a decent choice as I feel we now need a solid British manager who understands the championship.

I know that when Brighton appointed Hughton their fans weren't exactly excited but Lambert could do a similar job for us 

Obviously Big Sam would be a top candidate if available but I wouldn't complain if Lambert is being considered 

9 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agree with you there, I actually think Lambert would be a decent choice as I feel we now need a solid British manager who understands the championship.

I know that when Brighton appointed Hughton their fans weren't exactly excited but Lambert could do a similar job for us 

Obviously Big Sam would be a top candidate if available but I wouldn't complain if Lambert is being considered 

How can we counter attack teams with pace, we don't have any

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

How can we counter attack teams with pace, we don't have any

There's the January transfer window for a new manager to sort out what he needs

If people are suggesting we shouldn't be hiring a top manager who is available just because we don't have the right players now, I think they will be regret their opinion especially come January when that top manager is signing the right players for his new club 

15 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Every club Big Sam manages seems to be cursed. He does en

Every club Big Sam manages seems to be cursed. He does enough to keep them up but he never leaves a happy dressing room or solid foundations for the next manager to build upon.

At Bolton he relied on big money wages for 30-somethings to keep them up, the debt was unsustainable and spiralled out of control. They're in a right state now.

Newcastle got sucked into their first relegation in ages after his short stint. Shortly before he took over they were a Champions League team.

Blackburn have been a disaster ever since he left.

West Ham had one good season under Bilic but now are struggling.

Sunderland collapsed.

Palace seem a dead cert for relegation already.

Some strange logic there pal

I blame Stuart Grey for our recent form 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, greyowl said:

Carlos will be a great asset to another club, he's quality.

He probably would be for any club that is the underdog. I would expect him to pop up elsewhere and do well as he did here initially. 

But there is a lot of baggage associated with his tenure now and the mood around the place reflects that. When it gets to this point it’s hard to turn it around. 

3 minutes ago, Jamie_W said:

Just happy with the idea that the conversation is taking place somewhere and that DC isn’t standing by his man forever.

I wouldn't go that far - the rag itself isn't the most reliable so I'd be wary.

As with all these things, I dont believe it until the manager/player is sitting in the stands with a scarf round his neck.