Something isn't right

4 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

If Harry Redknapp would work for free for a couple o' months just to land the job on a provisional basis with a view to a rolling deal like Carlos I'd consider him. Last chance saloon time for us both but he plays attacking direct football, he knows a good signing, promotion and prem experience and Brum are utter dogger but he did keep them up and I would be interested to see what he could do with our squad on this basis if he would come.

Absolute dogger manager.

21 minutes ago, Hawkowl said:

Absolute dogger manager.

He's got two promotions from this league on his CV, spent best part of 20 years in the premier league and he's available and realistic right now. By no means is he my first choice but the man's a motivator who is looking for a short term contract and could fit the bill until a better long term prospect becomes available. I strongly believe he would get us doing the basics at least and not put up with these poor individual performances. He's also well connected and could bring in some proper football people to assist with the football side. Might be a good shout for director of football.

lack of motivation complacency tactics or whatever you want to call it means a certain person needs to move on and a no BS manager has to take his place, or i feel mr DC is going to languish in this division for the forseable future ,season 1 was our time and we blew it , the same in season two and the same outcome then sadly finishing sixth and 4th  looks good on paper but in the real world means bugger all if you can't follow it up , now in season three we can't even  be bothered to muster a sweat or so it seems ,some say we play good footbal well fare enough but not getting the points negates that situation somewhat and it ain't looking prettty

Edited by trevdi9

6 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I'd take Warnock as manager in a heartbeat right now.

Granted I'd rather have Holloway, Heckingbottom, McCarthy or Karanka but the point stands.

I like Holloway, he's a funny lad, don't mind McCarthy, he's certainly got experience. Wouldn't be keen on Heck or Karanka. 

Something is definitely wrong,Birmingham,burton and Bolton 9 points you would expect 7 good 5 poor 1 absolutely shocking the difference between top two and mid table in three games an outstanding performance against Leeds a shameful showing against the pigs it's baffling it's unacceptable and won't lead to promotion 

the most maddening thing is the league is so poor this year the pigs are third not because they are brilliant or wilders a genius it's because they are giving there all every game and this season it's enough that giving your all should be a given for all teams says it all 

as for whether DC will act and if he does what to expect I have no idea 

3 hours ago, JoshTheOwl said:

On the point of unity 

how often do our players travel by themselves when away from home? Obviously games far away they’ll all go together but today Reach, Hunt, Butterfield, Bannan and Lees (those I saw) all travelled via own transport. 

Now I may be reading into this a little too much and this may be a regular occurrence but did seem a little strange, I don’t know. 

they were all at the hotel yesterday

7 hours ago, TrueOwl said:

If Harry Redknapp would work for free for a couple o' months just to land the job on a provisional basis with a view to a rolling deal like Carlos I'd consider him. Last chance saloon time for us both but he plays attacking direct football, he knows a good signing, promotion and prem experience and Brum are utter dogger but he did keep them up and I would be interested to see what he could do with our squad on this basis if he would come.

Knowing that we're not going up under Carlos makes me feel I'd be happy with any new manager (apart from Colin). Nothing's gonna change is it. We're just going to be on the same merry go round until it's mathematically impossible to make the play offs. 

10 minutes ago, rob chester said:

It goes further than that to be honest add a draw at home to bang average QPR and a horrific performance at PNE.

We were far worse at Preston last season,they had us penned back for 85 minutes,at least we made a game of it this time,thought the pen against Lees was harsh to be fair PNE did deserve the points,work rate was far superior to us

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I had big concerns against Brighton in the play offs when the shoe horn really made its most obvious appearance.

But I am always one of those who believes that Rome wasn't built in a day and that people need time to see a job through. 

But , sadly, those concerns have been getting greater and greater over the past 18 months. He's had my full backing. 

And will do whilever he's in the dugout on match days.

Time has come though for 'the uncomfortable chat'. 

Interesting day today. I was in the away directors box admiring our fantastic fans, hoping I'd have the uncomfortable pleasure of not knowing whether to cheer or sit on my hands when we score......and there's Wednesdays "aerial view" advisor on the secret mic, and Carlos's agent plus others up there at the side of me. Interesting to watch and listen...

The Brighton Play off away leg, as was the final against Hull, a signal that we weren't quite strong enough. What has followed since is, alas, the wrong trousers....I.e we've not finished off the balance of the squad (a recruiting problem), plus for me, a stubbornness of Carlos, a nice man, but stubborn. Blindly loyal to players and tactics which to most of us appear almost arrogant and increasingly ineffective.

Surely it is not only me who's heart sank at seeing the team sheet today, and knew what was coming......against again a big powerful squad (a la Hull albeit worse).

A better second half always follows .....as it always does......but the squad selection, tactics, and yes, motivation, are so questionable that It's time for "the chat".

I sincerely hope the [next] manager/ head coach has the remit to express themselves....said enough....too much late night wine.......bloody blavdes.

7 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm one of those that tends to back managers to the hilt.

For what it's worth I'm not sure we'll see any change.

But there is clearly something not right.

Now I don't judge players based on how much they cost either, I judge them on what I see on the pitch.

And I see good players, players other clubs would be delighted to have, looking bang average.

Something is wrong. 

Been wrong for a while.

I'm not even sure it's tactical either.

I think it's motivation.

I see these players and can't help but think with a motivator they'd be higher.  Ok we hate hum,  but I'm only using him as an example, you look at someone like Warnock. We'd be higher. Dyche another. A man who gets the best out of men. 

I'm not even drunk. 

Frustrating. 

So....so frustrating. 

Go get drunk snoots owld chap. I could manage this squad better than the present incumbent and at least get us to the play off positions. In my opinion CC is not a very good coach and is fostering an air of negativity around Hilsborough. And I have been quite quiet on this up to now. I really do think that now we NEED a change of coach/manager who can get the best out of this wonderful squad of players that has been assembled.

UTO

WAWAW

8 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm one of those that tends to back managers to the hilt.

For what it's worth I'm not sure we'll see any change.

But there is clearly something not right.

Now I don't judge players based on how much they cost either, I judge them on what I see on the pitch.

And I see good players, players other clubs would be delighted to have, looking bang average.

Something is wrong. 

Been wrong for a while.

I'm not even sure it's tactical either.

I think it's motivation.

I see these players and can't help but think with a motivator they'd be higher.  Ok we hate hum,  but I'm only using him as an example, you look at someone like Warnock. We'd be higher. Dyche another. A man who gets the best out of men. 

I'm not even drunk. 

Frustrating. 

So....so frustrating. 

Indeed, although in fairness you’ve said nothing that 99% of Owls don’t already know. There’s something not right girls and boys and to deny it is just kidding ourselves.

5 hours ago, JoshTheOwl said:

On the point of unity 

how often do our players travel by themselves when away from home? Obviously games far away they’ll all go together but today Reach, Hunt, Butterfield, Bannan and Lees (those I saw) all travelled via own transport. 

Now I may be reading into this a little too much and this may be a regular occurrence but did seem a little strange, I don’t know. 

This runs parallel with the earlier post from @vulva 

It’s too comfortable by half, call me old school but I don’t give a f**k if you live in Bolton I want you in Sheffield in the days leading up to the game and everyone travelling together. What’s more, if we loose you’re travelling back to Sheffield too.....

FFS it beggars belief, can you imagine “Hey, Sir Alex, I’ll just meet you at the Macron an hour before kickoff, be reight!!” No chance.

I want Carlos gone like anyone else but the players have to share the blame too. 

Its weird how we can destroy a team Like Leeds that are obviously a better team but yet lose to someone as awful as Bolton rock who are rock bottom and not won all season before playing us. If we want to get promoted we need to be beating everyone not just teams around us and up. Players should take some blame too but it should be up to Carlos to motivate them. 

24 minutes ago, Animal said:

I want Carlos gone like anyone else but the players have to share the blame too. 

Its weird how we can destroy a team Like Leeds that are obviously a better team but yet lose to someone as awful as Bolton rock who are rock bottom and not won all season before playing us. If we want to get promoted we need to be beating everyone not just teams around us and up. Players should take some blame too but it should be up to Carlos to motivate them. 

Regardless of opposition it's conceding first within the first 30mins that is the main problem, we concede soft cheap goals due to lack of defensive organisation and defensive cover in midfield and then we're under severe pressure due to expectation. Bannan had acres of space against Leeds because they didn't press us like the Relegation fodder fighting for survival usually does. When teams press us in numbers we lack the pace to punish them on the counter so teams have no reason not too and we have no answer for when they do.

Rhodes ate up all of our transfer budget this year which is why we lack midfield options. We also wait far to late to make changes to shape and personnel.

Edited by TrueOwl

9 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Go get drunk snoots owld chap. I could manage this squad better than the present incumbent and at least get us to the play off positions. In my opinion CC is not a very good coach and is fostering an air of negativity around Hilsborough. And I have been quite quiet on this up to now. I really do think that now we NEED a change of coach/manager who can get the best out of this wonderful squad of players that has been assembled.

UTO

WAWAW

I did get very drunk. But it didn't quash the sensation of apathetic acceptation  which coursed through me.  

It hurts me when I feel the negativity taking me because I love my club. I don't want to think negative thoughts about it. 

But they are being thrust upon me by what I see on the park. 

12 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Agreed and is a key reason in my view that we'll never get promotion under DC. The solid, experienced managers with promotion records wouldn't work with him as they'd have no control over transfers. Therefore we'll end up with another unknown foreign guy and we'll fail again. I think the end game is that DC will sell up and quicker than many would  have believed possible.

I agree but his hubris won't let him.