Something isn't right

1 hour ago, fife_owl said:

If you've turned, Carlos is truly missing one side of the triangle.

I had big concerns against Brighton in the play offs when the shoe horn really made its most obvious appearance.

But I am always one of those who believes that Rome wasn't built in a day and that people need time to see a job through. 

But , sadly, those concerns have been getting greater and greater over the past 18 months. He's had my full backing. 

And will do whilever he's in the dugout on match days.

Time has come though for 'the uncomfortable chat'. 

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I had big concerns against Brighton in the play offs when the shoe horn really made its most obvious appearance.

But I am always one of those who believes that Rome wasn't built in a day and that people need time to see a job through. 

But , sadly, those concerns have been getting greater and greater over the past 18 months. He's had my full backing. 

And will do whilever he's in the dugout on match days.

Time has come though for 'the uncomfortable chat'. 

I think the first season was the honeymoon for CC as we'd been starved of 'success' for too long. I came away from the Hull game disappointed as we'd failed to turn up, and I knew where the weaknesses were, which surely were now going to be addressed.

18 months on, we still have the same issues, and because we've wasted funds on bizarre 'additions' to the team, which were clearly not improvements or needed, we've actually gone backwards. Those saying CC is doing ok, or needs time are as delusional as CC.

34 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Im not sure they're not performing for the manager, they just don't have the bottle for a battle.  

Well, if you’re right on that, then we really are in trouble. 

I will agree though that the mentality of this group seems off.

Flatter to deceive springs to mind. 

On the point of unity 

how often do our players travel by themselves when away from home? Obviously games far away they’ll all go together but today Reach, Hunt, Butterfield, Bannan and Lees (those I saw) all travelled via own transport. 

Now I may be reading into this a little too much and this may be a regular occurrence but did seem a little strange, I don’t know. 

3 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

On the point of unity 

how often do our players travel by themselves when away from home? Obviously games far away they’ll all go together but today Reach, Hunt, Butterfield, Bannan and Lees (those I saw) all travelled via own transport. 

Now I may be reading into this a little too much and this may be a regular occurrence but did seem a little strange, I don’t know. 

Very bizarre.

There’s too much baggage around Carlos and this squad now for there to be a positive outcome. 

United have a squad that is average at best but everything is positive there currently and there is no pressure. It is showing. 

CC has lost two playoffs, brought us Derby humiliation and consistently drops points against the worst sides in the division. We only thrive as the underdog. 

We need a change now as rightly rightly or wrongly it will get the supporters off their various stages of alert. Until that happens we are wasting our time IMO.

3 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Very bizarre.

It might be, it might not. 

I know players such as Lees, Hunt and Butterfield live other Leeds way so from a distance point of view it makes sense. 

The away car park is often next to the stadium so usually park further away so this may be completely normal 

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm one of those that tends to back managers to the hilt.

For what it's worth I'm not sure we'll see any change.

But there is clearly something not right.

Now I don't judge players based on how much they cost either, I judge them on what I see on the pitch.

And I see good players, players other clubs would be delighted to have, looking bang average.

Something is wrong. 

Been wrong for a while.

I'm not even sure it's tactical either.

I think it's motivation.

I see these players and can't help but think with a motivator they'd be higher.  Ok we hate hum,  but I'm only using him as an example, you look at someone like Warnock. We'd be higher. Dyche another. A man who gets the best out of men. 

I'm not even drunk. 

Frustrating. 

So....so frustrating. 

Frustrating is an understatement, how can we differ so much in 2 games, leeds and today, the mental toughness is not there, neither the physical toughness, had a drink with a friend and bolton fan after the game, he says our fans are awsome but were unusually quiet today, sad to see it all going this way, ime gutted and getting pissed

We seem to start games compact and trying to keep our shape. This generally means and uninspired 45 mins. If we manage to score a goal we tend to try and hold out at 1-0 (which usually ends up as a 1-1) or if we go behind we go gung ho and create loads of chances but get killed on the break. ALOT of away games seem to go like this.

At home we seem to do better against teams that come out and play against us (most of season 1 plus better teams from last 2 seasons). We struggle to break teams down that sit in.

3 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

It might be, it might not. 

I know players such as Lees, Hunt and Butterfield live other Leeds way so from a distance point of view it makes sense. 

The away car park is often next to the stadium so usually park further away so this may be completely normal 

Pick em up on the way :biggrin:

Thing is this team has shown time and time again that they’re a soft touch away from home. 

Can remember in CCs first season where we went away and lost to the likes of MK Dons, Charlton. 

Too often we we seem to turn up in these games and expect to win. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Thing is this team has shown time and time again that they’re a soft touch away from home. 

Can remember in CCs first season where we went away and lost to the likes of MK Dons, Charlton. 

Too often we we seem to turn up in these games and expect to win. 

Think this was evident when Hutch on at half time, Pratley and Henry has our midfield in thier back pockets. 

3 hours ago, Miffed said:

We can’t stand teams who close us down. Certain players can’t hack it when they aren’t given time on the ball. We’re great against teams who want to play football, give us time and space and we are dangerous. Close us down and we are useless.

not just this season but since Carlos came....and he has done NOTHING in 3 seasons to address it.

Spot on. We've been worked out. Don't bother trying to be cute against us, just yell in our faces and snap at those heels. We can't counter the press. No answer to it.. zadda.

We need an alternative approach as unfortunately we can't play Leeds every week.

Edited by pussface

3 hours ago, Geosword said:

It's not a new Head Coach we need, it's a fukking MANAGER we need.

Agreed and is a key reason in my view that we'll never get promotion under DC. The solid, experienced managers with promotion records wouldn't work with him as they'd have no control over transfers. Therefore we'll end up with another unknown foreign guy and we'll fail again. I think the end game is that DC will sell up and quicker than many would  have believed possible.