Something isn't right

Agree entirely, CC doesn't seem to be able to motivate the players at all. See us bottling most of our big games, play off finals, derbies, etc. As well as being unable to get the players up for the 'easier' matches against lower half teams. It's not a knee-jerk reaction, but I think he has to go because we're regressing. We have the odd match (ie. Leeds) where we play well, which we are capable of, but it only really papers over the cracks. Far too often we revert back to this type of display and it's unacceptable with the squad CC has at his disposal. 

In the run up to this match we once again had players telling the media how good they are.

Soon as I saw that I knew we would start slowly and probably lose against another bottom club.

Time now for the owner to get a grip. The club is being run in amatuerish fashion, both playing and commercially.

I'm sure Mr Chansiri wants the best for this club but clearly doesn't have the knowledge and experience to carry it off.

We' ve now lost 3 out of four agaist lowly placed and newly promoted clubs. Not promotion form or even top 6

Time to bring in a new head coach with ability to motivate and tacticaly astute.

Also time to bringin an experienced chief exec to get the club up and running again

Otherwise the huge investment made will be all for nothing.

29 minutes ago, Nick the Owl said:

Bang on...Carlos will pay the price and probably rightfully so, but everyone's obsession with pointing all their disgust at him and him alone is unfair, the players have A LOT to answer. 

Couldn't agree more.

It would worry me if we did get a real hard line manager of the Pearson, McCarthy mould because even though i think the players need a real kick up the arse it would probably take time and money to get the players in as well as the current players towing the line which is why i feel we will go for a foreign manager should Carlos get the boot. 

Im not saying it's the way i would go but feel it's the way a buisness man like DC will go.

Edited by full fathom five

You know how you feel about your club over the past few weeks when a thumping of Leeds does absolute nothing to your motivation......when the goals went in i just really didnt give a rats ass as the pain of the Derby result was still so very raw....yet again we have an embarrassing result and oh look the pigs win again 

I feel its got to a stage now where he can't turn it round.

When things are going wrong in football they tend to carry on getting worse until a big change is made.

It feels like when Jones was in charge.

I love Carlos but I think he needs to pass the reigns to someone else.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm one of those that tends to back managers to the hilt.

For what it's worth I'm not sure we'll see any change.

But there is clearly something not right.

Now I don't judge players based on how much they cost either, I judge them on what I see on the pitch.

And I see good players, players other clubs would be delighted to have, looking bang average.

Something is wrong. 

Been wrong for a while.

I'm not even sure it's tactical either.

I think it's motivation.

I see these players and can't help but think with a motivator they'd be higher.  Ok we hate hum,  but I'm only using him as an example, you look at someone like Warnock. We'd be higher. Dyche another. A man who gets the best out of men. 

I'm not even drunk. 

Frustrating. 

So....so frustrating. 

Been saying this for months sir. Not a single player has developed under Carlos. I feel like walking round Hillsborough on a match day wearing it on a sandwich board til someone listens!! 

I dont know the reason why...is he too nice, too cautious, unable to articulate his ideas in English or simply not good enough.. ?

i don't know the answer but what it's doing to the players is blatant for most to see. Just not DC it seems, unfortunately 

3 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Been saying this for months sir. Not a single player has developed under Carlos. I feel like walking round Hillsborough on a match day wearing it on a sandwich board til someone listens!! 

I dont know the reason why...is he too nice, too cautious, unable to articulate his ideas in English or simply not good enough.. ?

i don't know the answer but what it's doing to the players is blatant for most to see. Just not DC it seems, unfortunately 

There will be any number of reasons.

But it's nothing a night in the lash and a couple of slaps on the face wouldn't sort of pre match.

• Haha 1

Could it maybe be complacency from top to bottom. 

1) the chairman thinks he can do whatever he wants and screws up and we'll love him because he's put some cash in. The replica kit fiasco, lack of a proper 150 year anniversary celebration. 

2) the manager seems safe in the knowledge that no matter how lifeless and inept on the pitch we are he's not getting sacked by the chairman becouse he's his buddy. 

3) There's no leadership and no real repercussions for awful performances no telling players that their performance was unacceptable becouse Carlos is a nice charming guy that's everyone's friend. 

4) underestimating opposition. 

Just speculation, but maybe with more focus and effort in all areas today's and other dross would have been more spirited. I don't know but whatever it is that is wrong is telling on the pitch. 

Now I don't judge players based on how much they cost either, I judge them on what I see on the pitch.

And I see good players, players other clubs would be delighted to have, looking bang average.

Something is wrong. 

Been wrong for a while.

I think it's motivation.

I see these players and can't help but think with a motivator they'd be higher.  Ok we hate hum,  but I'm only using him as an example, you look at someone like Warnock. We'd be higher. Dyche another. A man who gets the best out of men. 

I'm not even drunk. 

Frustrating. 

So....so frustrating. 

With the best will in the world this is not news. Well apart from the handfull that are intent on keeping the dead donkey till they’ve flayed it back to life.

39 minutes ago, TheRedanator said:

Agree entirely, CC doesn't seem to be able to motivate the players at all. See us bottling most of our big games, play off finals, derbies, etc. As well as being unable to get the players up for the 'easier' matches against lower half teams. It's not a knee-jerk reaction, but I think he has to go because we're regressing. We have the odd match (ie. Leeds) where we play well, which we are capable of, but it only really papers over the cracks. Far too often we revert back to this type of display and it's unacceptable with the squad CC has at his disposal. 

And let's be honest about the Leeds game - we did play very well for the majority of the game but we should have gone 1 down within the first 20 mins. Had that have happened, we would have lost that game without doubt.

Carlos is a fundamentalist.

That is the problem.

He cannot see beyond his way of doing things.

Even in the face of overwhelming evidence that it isn't working.

He so needs to go. To a proper chairman it would be so obvious.

For me Heckinbottom. I don't think these are Sam players.

Guest The Horse
1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

True.

Another big part of the problem.

Of course that won't change either.

Absolutely it's a big part of the problem.

How many managers want interference from the boardroom?

None.

I really think DC needs to listen to some wise old heads. 

He's so green to so much of this and as much as the super rich have super egos, he needs some real confidantes with the club's best interest at heart - not how much they can rinse him for.

Something is wrong. 

Been wrong for a while.

I think it's motivation.

I'm not even drunk. 

Frustrating. 

So....so frustrating. 

If you've turned, Carlos is truly missing one side of the triangle.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

It’s pretty telling that we follow up our best performance of the season with a dismal defeat at the bottom side. 

Time for a change as these players simply aren’t performing for the manager. 

Im not sure they're not performing for the manager, they just don't have the bottle for a battle.