Something isn't right

4 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

I' ve backed Carlos but he can have no complaints if he gets the boot.

The players however have to take a really long hard look at themselves after going from the performance against Leeds to today's lethargic, passionless, gutless performance, it  is just simply not good enough.

Bang on...Carlos will pay the price and probably rightfully so, but everyone's obsession with pointing all their disgust at him and him alone is unfair, the players have A LOT to answer. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'll post in here cheers- and unless you're an absolute moron you don't need me to point you in the direction of the evidence to substantiate my statement that Chansiri is a lose cannon- even his biggest fans can't deny that, surely?

A loose canon would be sacking managers left and right. 

On the pitch I’d say Chansiri is about as far away from a loose canon (regardless of how he approaches other parts of the business).

But yeah apart from that you’re spot on...

13 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

If Harry Redknapp would work for free for a couple o' months just to land the job on a provisional basis with a view to a rolling deal like Carlos I'd consider him. Last chance saloon time for us both but he plays attacking direct football, he knows a good signing, promotion and prem experience and Brum are utter dogger but he did keep them up and I would be interested to see what he could do with our squad on this basis if he would come.

Could keep us up.

All joking aside we keep going like this and we might find ourselves down at the bottom end.

Edited by daleblue
  • Haha 1

Guest Copthorneowl
17 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I'd take Warnock as manager in a heartbeat right now.

Granted I'd rather have Holloway, Heckingbottom, McCarthy or Karanka but the point stands.

Poor football won't drive me away

Ipswich kit won't drive me away

High prices won't drive me away

If Warnock (who's derided us since he was old enough to talk) was our manager yes then that would literally drive me away.

2 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Yep

I was mad after the Huddersfield game

Furious after the pig game

I'm not arsed now. I've accepted that if DC persists with CC for another month or so then the season will basically be a write off 

I think it's pretty much a write off now tbh. This is the weakest league in the last 3 seasons and we are basically pants despite spending up to the hilt with FFP. I've always backed Carlos but to lose brum and now a team who couldn't score losing eight on bounce is a disgrace. Any promotion aspiring team would bury them. Would Brighton have played like that? In our 150th year the club is utterly shambolic and both CC and DC are culpable

I think it's quite clear there is no way back for Carlos now. Not just from today. The inconsistency is dreadful, we have stuttered all season and it's not good enough.

It is time for a change as I can't see Carlos taking us any further unfortunately. It's the same every week with a good performance every now and again.

The players are just going through the motions and need a new direction.

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

A loose canon would be sacking managers left and right. 

On the pitch I’d say Chansiri is about as far away from a loose canon (regardless of how he approaches other parts of the business).

But yeah apart from that you’re spot on...

Ok, so there's tons of evidence to suggest that Chansiri (a man who 3 years ago had probably never seen a football match) is unconventional in the way he is managing the club from top to bottom, but the fact the he hasn't sacked the manager  that he appointed (who he plucked from obscurity) proves we can trust his judgment and get the next one right.

Ok.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

4 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Poor football won't drive me away

Ipswich kit won't drive me away

High prices won't drive me away

If Warnock (who's derided us since he was old enough to talk) was our manager yes then that would literally drive me away.

That ship has sailed.  But even if it hadn't it wouldn't bother me if we had him. We'd be in the top 4 tonight. I've no doubt about that. 

28 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm one of those that tends to back managers to the hilt.

For what it's worth I'm not sure we'll see any change.

But there is clearly something not right.

Now I don't judge players based on how much they cost either, I judge them on what I see on the pitch.

And I see good players, players other clubs would be delighted to have, looking bang average.

Something is wrong. 

Been wrong for a while.

I'm not even sure it's tactical either.

I think it's motivation.

I see these players and can't help but think with a motivator they'd be higher.  Ok we hate hum,  but I'm only using him as an example, you look at someone like Warnock. We'd be higher. Dyche another. A man who gets the best out of men. 

I'm not even drunk. 

Frustrating. 

So....so frustrating. 

Correct. 

garymegson is not in charge. 

Backed him to the hilt , away season ticket holder not missed in 6 seasons home and away.

We've just played a sequence of 4 massive winnable games playing the Carlos way , we've lost 3 of them shamefully.

Today was just a continuation of Birmingham. 

We can't claim the clear penalty incident influenced the game as they should have been 3 up before that when Madine contrived to hit the post with a tap in.

We still have time to save the season but unfortunately not with Carlos.

Snap Strachan up poste haste before someone else does !

Edited by casbahowl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agreed, carlos seems the kind of manager that doesn't quite grasp the more cynical sides of the english game. We dont pressure the ref enough we dont make enough cynical fouls. He seems to have collected to many weak players, players like lee, bannan, reach, jones, butterfield, van aken, rhodes, matias, joao etc are all great footballers but there all seem to have very weak personalities on the pitch. To win games you need the right level of desire, you need to play on the edge but not cross it to many times. If players like bannan neshed out of tackles like he did in the derby under a megson type manager he'd never play for the club again. Harsh but you need to keep players on their toes.

Just now, Carl Shutt is God said:

Not sure if you still think posting this in every thread is funny or your actually really weird....or you are actually Gary Megson.

It wasn't that funny 5 years ago and certainly isn't now.

We of The Cult of Megson are serious. 

HE is needed to save our club.