Bolton 2 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

Ladies and Gentlemen........   The dreadful International break is finished at last!

Image may contain: 12 people, people smiling, crowd and outdoor

Greetings Owls! Yes the time is upon us -  The bore that is watching England loll through another easy qualification group whilst  playing with all the verve of a team of webbed footed dingles in an  over 65's Walking Football side can be forgotten . My long suffering  porridge scoffing cousins can stop their tears too-  proper football is back! League football. The Championship train is refuelled and ready to steam out of the station and what an exciting ride lays ahead...... Next stop Bolton.

No automatic alt text available.

Bolton...  currently sat there , bottom of the table and with a record of 8 defeats in their last 8 games.

What an appalling run. 

A good game for us to come back to?

Well you'd hope so wouldn't you... you really would hope so. 

Except ....this is Wednesday isn't it and if there's one table Wednesday surely top, it's that of the team most likely to fall victim to a struggling team putting a halt to a terrible losing streak against them.   

I've no facts and figures of course, but to my mind we always seem to be the team in action when clubs put an end to a horrific losing streak.

One stat I do know is that Bolton have only lost to us once in our last ten visits to the Lego Stadium.  :wacko:

Even when we've battered them we've only come away with draws and defeats.

Gary Madine, once of this parish, has apparently had more shots on target than any other player in the division.. ..yet only has two goals to his name.

Which makes him either really unlucky or he keeps leathering them straight at the goalkeeper. 

Can't just blame Gary for their plight though. Goals are a team concern. They haven't actually scored a goal at all in their last seven games. 

Another record I'm sure they will want to break against us. 

Loovens, Hutch and Hunt are back in contention for Wednesday.  Will Carlos be tempted to put them straight in despite an excellent result against L**ds?

One man who probably won't start is Jordan Rhodes. ..

Image result for jordan rhodes happy

......though he'd probably dearly love to as he has personally enjoyed his trips to Bolton. 4 goals there in his last two visits.  A Double for Wednesday in the League Cup earlier this season and a double for Middlesborough in his last League game there. 

In-fact Bolton lie second in the list of Clubs that Jordan has scored most goals against in his career.  Of course this doesn't mean that he should start. 

That sort of thought process  starts leaning towards superstition doesn't it. And we don't believe in those sort of portents do we?

Anyway. Onto my predictions...

Interpreting the cards I'd say  ....Gary Hooper scores..... Loovens and Hunt come straight back in........... and Carlos is King once more.

Bolton    1 - 3    Wednesday

Madine                  Hooper           

Rhodes  (2)

COME ON WEDNESDAY

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice one Snoots! I agree with 1-3, prefer a clean sheet given their scoring problems but Madine probably nailed on to grab one. Either way we should be putting these to the sword if we're serious about picking our game up to the level we ought to be hitting.

Nowhere to hide if we fail to show up here. Gotta go at it and fight hard from the back.

UTO

Thanks M'Lud for the OMDT.  I'll be there tomorrow.  Can't wait now.  We have to win.  We're going to win.  Now it's back down to business.  I went to the Bolton cup match this season and have rarely felt lower than when we were 3-0 down that night.  God help us, please let's not have that again.  This division is pretty crazy as shown by Birmingham beating Cardiff tonight with Maghoma reportedly making a significant contribution (who I was not sad to leave Hillsborough because he always passed sideways so often).  But let's not have any shocks this time.  Wednesday must win.  And it's my Birthday so please can I have a gift from the team.  WAWAW.  COME ON WEDNESSDAY!!

13 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Ladies and Gentlemen........   The dreadful International break is finished at last!

Image may contain: 12 people, people smiling, crowd and outdoor

Greetings Owls! Yes the time is upon us -  The bore that is watching England loll through another easy qualification group whilst  playing with all the verve of a team of webbed footed dingles in an  over 65's Walking Football side can be forgotten . My long suffering  porridge scoffing cousins can stop their tears too-  proper football is back! League football. The Championship train is refuelled and ready to steam out of the station and what an exciting ride lays ahead...... Next stop Bolton.

Bolton...  currently sat there , bottom of the table and with a record of 8 defeats in their last 8 games.

What an appalling run. 

A good game for us to come back to?

Well you'd hope so wouldn't you... you really would hope so. 

Except ....this is Wednesday isn't it and if there's one table Wednesday surely top, it's that of the team most likely to fall victim to a struggling team putting a halt to a terrible losing streak against them.   

I've no facts and figures of course, but to my mind we always seem to be the team in action when clubs put an end to a horrific losing streak.

One stat I do know is that Bolton have only lost to us once in our last ten visits to the Lego Stadium.  :wacko:

Even when we've battered them we've only come away with draws and defeats.

Gary Madine, once of this parish, has apparently had more shots on target than any other player in the division.. ..yet only has two goals to his name.

Which makes him either really unlucky or he keeps leathering them straight at the goalkeeper. 

Can't just blame Gary for their plight though. Goals are a team concern. They haven't actually scored a goal at all in their last seven games. 

Another record I'm sure they will want to break against us. 

Loovens, Hutch and Hunt are back in contention for Wednesday.  Will Carlos be tempted to put them straight in despite an excellent result against L**ds?

One man who probably won't start is Jordan Rhodes. ..

Image result for jordan rhodes happy

......though he'd probably dearly love to as he has personally enjoyed his trips to Bolton. 4 goals there in his last two visits.  A Double for Wednesday in the League Cup earlier this season and a double for Middlesborough in his last League game there. 

In-fact Bolton lie second in the list of Clubs that Jordan has scored most goals against in his career.  Of course this doesn't mean that he should start. 

That sort of thought process  starts leaning towards superstition doesn't it. And we don't believe in those sort of portents do we?

Anyway. Onto my predictions...

Interpreting the cards I'd say  ....Gary Hooper scores..... Loovens and Hunt come straight back in........... and Carlos is King once more.

Bolton    1 - 3    Wednesday

Madine                  Hooper           

Rhodes  (2)

COME ON WEDNESDAY

Well done Snoots. We've missed you dear boy.

• Thanks 1

Welcome back m'lud !!! I do hope you haven't been taking your frustration at lack of League football these past two weeks out on the local peasants or indeed pheasants.

Are we all refreshed and raring to go ? King Carlos is by the sounds of it. Bristol away last season springs to mind when I think about this fixture, but following the performance against our West Yorkshire rivals in the last game, I expect a good, solid, professional performance.

Owls to win handsomely 4-1 :columbo:

Was chatting to a Bolton fan out here in Aus and he's not holding out much hope. He will be watching on iFollow but complained about the lack of commentary, replays and score in the top corner. I said it makes it more of a match day experience, in fact I'll install a blue plastic seat, get my wife to sell me an expensive pie and go out of the room to drink a beer. That's the difference between Bolton and the Owls at the moment, they lack imagination. I think we'll tonk them 0-4 and I hope Fletch starts to catch up by scoring at least 2 then we'll have a season starter.

• Like 2

Wildsmith 

Palmer  Vernancio Loovens Pudil

Matias  Hutchinson Abdi  Joao 

Nuhiu   Rhodes 

Would this team beat Bolton.....????

Because we could actually pick this tomorrow. If Carlos was feeling a little daft.

7 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Wildsmith 

Palmer  Vernancio Loovens Pudil

Matias  Hutchinson Abdi  Joao 

Nuhiu   Rhodes 

Would this team beat Bolton.....????

Because we could actually pick this tomorrow. If Carlos was feeling a little daft.

Scary thing is if you added long term injuries Boyd and Forestieri so we had this.

Wildsmith 

Palmer Vernancio Loovens Pudil

Matias  Hutchinson   Abdi   Boyd

Forestieri   Rhodes

Most teams in this division would die for that side...

• Like 1