Sheffield Wednesday 1987-89 pinstripe home shirt

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

s-l1600-4.jpg

s-l1600-5.jpg

s-l1600-6.jpg

If you're sick to the back teeth of waiting for the new Sheffield Wednesday shirt to arrive then check this out. This might be worth exploring instead.

It's the pinstripe home kit from 1987

Not seen one of these on Ebay before but there's one up for grabs at the moment for any SWFC fans out there who might be interested - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Football-Shirt-Sheffield-Wednesday-1987-1989-Home-Size-34-36-Umbro-/263250060262?hash=item3d4aed23e6:g:f30AAOSwuLFZ1~v1

Not a patch on this 

Image result for 1970`s swfc home shirt

Is this what they call a  'sponsored post'?  ie is the opening poster just using Owlstalk to sell a shirt at a rip off £500 when its probably worth a fiver.  Most folk just chuck 25 year old clothes in the bin.  

Horrible shirt but at least Ipswich never wore it.  

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Just look at that badge

beautiful

Yes i love that badge, especially the one on the old Bukta shirt it did'nt need any reference to SWFC underneath it. That monstrosity we've got now looks like something off an old school blazer or we're part of some Yachting Club.

20 hours ago, Imre-Banana said:

Reminds me of the Spurs game in the snow..

snow.jpg

Great photo. Was at this game on he Kop. We were dire, well beaten. Tony Galvin appeared in this one I think, for us, not Spurs. The Chris Fairclough transfer saga was only matched by the Mark Wright transfer saga. This picture perhaps answers why he didn't sign for Wednesday. Fairclough's wife said 'It's too far North and the shopping's crap, anyway do you want to play next to Chris Waddle or David Reeves?

4 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Abomination of a shirt.....................2nd worse home kit behind that awful late 90,s broad blue band, and just ahead of last years Ipswich kit.

Agree on the clear winner/loser, but this one is 4th worst for me

With last season and this season being the 2nd and 3rd worst respectively

7 hours ago, zico.b said:

Yes, they did kick off with a white ball - wierdly. Changed to an orange one later.

Think we lost 2-0? Stewart scored both?

Anyway, can you imagine just brushing round the lines of a pitch and playing a game these days?!

Another thing - Hummel kits were and still are excellent.

Yes, Stewart scored both. The first when Chris Turner came storming out of goal and they both made contact with the ball at the same time. I'll never forget Brian Moore's description of Stewart's second goal: "shaking off Cranson is not an easy thing to do." Must've been a different Cranson to the one I saw playing for Wednesday...