Gary Hooper - "He is more than goals to this team"

maxresdefault.jpg

"Gary Hooper is team-worker and this is very important to me and the team. He is more than goals to this team"

Carlos is clearly a fan of Sheffield Wednesday striker Gary Hooper then.

But what does he mean exactly when he says he is more than goals to this team?

Is he talking about dressing room stuff? Because Hooper doesn't stand out as the kind of guy who'd be the most vocal in there?

Or does he mean the build up play when Wednesday are pushing forward?

This one is a strange quote as it could literally mean anything and what Carlos means isn't instantly obvious

Owlstalk Shop

Hooper is our best player by a country mile, if he can just stay fit for a full season there's a good chance he could notch 25+ league goals.

It's not just those goals, he's as professional as they come along with the best movement, link up play and awareness of all of our players.

If I could only keep one man from the current squad it would be him.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

maxresdefault.jpg

"Gary Hooper is team-worker and this is very important to me and the team. He is more than goals to this team"

Is he talking about dressing room stuff? Because Hooper doesn't stand out as the kind of guy who'd be the most vocal in there?

This one is a strange quote as it could literally mean anything and what Carlos means isn't instantly obvious

Really not sure if you're joking? :duntmatter:

A proper intelligent footballer like Kieran Lee.

We have two of them. If we had more we would never have to worry about bloody play offs. 

Same old, same old. Get the bleeding recruitment strategy right nadder nadder nadder

Edited by theowlsman

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Just saying it's not all about goals. So if he doesn't score, it doesn't mean he's bobbar...

Hooper doesn't stand out as being the most vocal?

If you watch any of our games he is always the one pointing, shouting to others, shouting at others.

Cant remember who said this but apparently he was one of the only ones shouting and getting everyone up for it in the tunnel against Sheff U! 

Christ I've lost count of the amount of times I've seen him and Westwood shouting at each other from one end of pitch to other. 

Guarentee you he's not quiet.

But this comment from Carlos means everything else, link up etc 'I'm absolutely sure' :manager:

Guest The Horse

As others have said, he's an intelligent player who can see the passes and touches required on the pitch the same way as if he's watching the game from high in the stand.

He's like a master chess player - seeing the whole and thinking several moves ahead.

But with, erm, football instead.

1 hour ago, RedSoxOwl said:

Think we'd be in Prem now if he hadn't got injured before the play offs last season. Definitely our most important player.

I totally agree. It didn't help also that Wallace went off injured after 5 minutes in second leg. FF and Lee also clearly not fit. What could have been.