Carlos Carvalhal "Bolton will play for the lives"

10 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

I love how despite being lead up to a winnable game this thread is pretty much of who's-who of the resident Owlstalk yer da tier Carlos Out tail tugging tuggers.

Here's hoping we win convincingly, if for no other reason than we'll get another nice break from you whiners!

We all hope we win convincingly.

We don't need another negative dour performance where we have to go for it to come from behind or just hope to eek out a 1-0 and go defensive when we take the lead.

Lets be positive and take the game by the scruff of the neck.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

DMAesRmVAAAGKn_-1.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday manager Carlos Carvalhal is under no illusion that the Bolton Wanderers away game will be an easy encounter

During his press conference he spoke about what he expects to face in the game

Bolton will play for the lives, we can't think we will go there and it will be easy. Absolutely not

Clearly expecting a battle. Let's hope he sticks to attacking football and doesn't just put a team of defensive battlers out

How about coming out with Sheffield Wednesday will play for their lives against a side that has beaten only one Championship side this season, us!

Guest The Horse

I get that he can't disrespect the opposition but sports psychology is a real thing with people paid actual money to be involved with it.

I'm not one of them but I'm guessing that if your manager is consistently drawing attention to the danger posed by the opposition then that will rub off onto the playing staff.

It's possible to be respectful to the opposition yet be positive about the danger your own team poses and how we'll carry the greater threat.

A culture of a certain mind set will permeate into the whole from the top down.

We have the players and talent to scare any team in the league.

Let the rest of the league and our own players know it as well.

Doesn't anyone learn from Fergie. How many times have people said, teams turned up to old trafford hoping for a point. With that mentality that was the best a luck few got.
Fergie barely ever mentioned the opposition unless they were the big boys. They were nothing to him and thats how it should be at the top. It's a competition, not about being all polite and respectful.

Simply could have come out as said, we are looking great, players back fit. We outclassed leeds and can do the same to whoever is up next. Done.
Talk about us, not them

Not really sure Carlos says anything different before any game really. It's all pretty samey, with the odd bizarre metaphor or a bit of angry origami thrown in... Don't think people need to be reading too much into this.

For me, the time for saying all the right stuff has been and gone. Carlos has managed to retain the support of the majority based on the team's performance against L**ds a fortnight ago. We have to build on that on the field starting tomorrow. 

Whatever is said in press conferences, is bluster and worthless either way.

Edited by Cosby Blunkett

1 minute ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Not really sure Carlos says anything different before any game really. It's all pretty samey, with the odd bizarre metaphor or a bit of angry origami thrown in... Don't think people need to be reading too much into this.

For me, the time for saying all the right stuff has been and gone. Carlos has managed to retain the support of the majority based the team's performance against L**ds a fortnight ago. We have to build on that on the field starting tomorrow. 

Whatever is said in press conferences, is bluster and worthless either way.

Angry origami lol

24 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

You know when you misread something...

Read the title as “Bolton will pay with their lives”

I thought it was an unfinished sentence ;Bolton will play for the lives..' Of who? 

Edited by Almat

3 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

So you expect them to go all season without a win?

Don't give a toots Hoot how many games they lose this season!!  tomorrow is our banana skin same as least season ...We did all the hard graft and won big games  and yet drop stupid points  to bottom 6 clubs unnecessarily and more importantly lost too many at home 

WE MUST BEAT BOLTON TOMORROW 

NO EXCUSES