Introducing Owls Americast: A Sheffield Wednesday Podcast with an American Accent.

Wow thanks for all the nice feedback guys!

1 hour ago, Teflon Don said:

Are you all expats or proper US of A citizens? Or are some of you ex pats who converted some Americans to follow Wednesday? - genuine question. 

Not listened to it yet but will later hopefully.

Our two hosts are bona-fide americans, and we'll be getting more on throughout the season. We've got an interview with "Brian the USA Owl" who you may have heard call into Football Heaven too.

Im an expat, and there will be a few of those on the pod too.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

This is ace!

I'm going to subscribe on ITunes soon as I can find it on there

Great work

We're recording the Owlstalk Podcast tomorrow so will give this a shout out on there :)

Thanks mate! Would love a shout-out. We're also pimping out our americans for media appearances if you want real-live guest(s) on the pod.

Not sure if Steve Nicol who has fond memories of Wednesday is still involved with the Cape Cod Crusaders (USL team) as that was some 17 years ago. An interview with him would be good asking about the misdemeanor in the Owls hotel at an away match caught on CCTV. Pleat was furious.lol   

2 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

Not sure if Steve Nicol who has fond memories of Wednesday is still involved with the Cape Cod Crusaders (USL team) as that was some 17 years ago. An interview with him would be good asking about the misdemeanor in the Owls hotel at an away match caught on CCTV. Pleat was furious.lol   

There’s whotshisname too, ex-Wednesday player and fan, and captain of MLS Team Orlando. His name escapes me but it wasn’t Colditz.

And he's now at Tampa By Rowdies (Orlando are also a USL team ). Loved those guys at USL - no pretentions, even less money and so passionate about soccer (football). Bar in Tampa and some yank says soccer is for faggots and the USL boys nearly lynched him. 

Fond memorieslol

1 minute ago, Reallondonowl said:

And he's now at Tampa By Rowdies (Orlando are also a USL team ). Loved those guys at USL - no pretentions, even less money and so passionate about soccer (football). Bar in Tampa and some yank says soccer is for faggots and the USL boys nearly lynched him. 

Fond memorieslol

Nearly bought one of their shirts but came back with a Rays shirt, and a Seminoles shirt too. Thought purple was too poncey. lol

38 minutes ago, Paddy NYC Owl said:

Wow thanks for all the nice feedback guys!

Our two hosts are bona-fide americans, and we'll be getting more on throughout the season. We've got an interview with "Brian the USA Owl" who you may have heard call into Football Heaven too.

Im an expat, and there will be a few of those on the pod too.

Thought it was him! I haven't listened to FH for years, but seem to recall him ringing up after we lost at Exeter a few years back. I really enjoyed that dimension of the podcast.