Could Sheffield Wednesday win in a playoff final?

3 hours ago, Dan™ said:

That kind of sums up some of the problem to me, even if not in the way you probably intended it to: we've only been building for promotion for a couple of years.

We made such a leap forward in our first season its warped our perspective of what can be expected in such a short space of time. There will always be outliers (Huddersfield, Blackpool, etc), but you can't "plan" to be one of those teams, you can only keep building and progressing as we are. Last season we progressed. This season has been a relative disappointment so far, but it's too early to say we won't be challenging the top 4 again. If we're still more than a couple of wins from the top 6 come the mid-way point I'd see that as a legitimate time to start questioning a change. I have no doubt that another manager could take us forward quicker, but at the same time, there are 10 others who could take us backwards...

But to answer the question, of course we could win a play-off finallol

Yeah, I agree with most of that, though I would say recent recruitment has stalled our progress, not enhanced it Who is responsible for that, we don't know

By my reckoning, we've spent about £25 million, on about a dozen players, since the play off final Our strongest side, in my opinion, wouldn't include any of them

Possibly you could make an argument for Reach and Fletcher, I'd be just as happy with Pudil and Forestieri That's pretty damning

Edited by gurujuan

Guest BULGARIA
39 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Good job the Brighton fans were a bit more patient than some of our lot, or Hughton would have been hounded out when they blew it.

Has Carlos been hounded out?  I cant see it on any websites.

Guest BULGARIA
27 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Not for the want of trying, as you among others well know!!

I wouldn't say for one minute i have been hounding him out, far from it. I just happen to think we should be doing better with the squad we have.

Fans are fickle beasts as we all know and when the final whistle went at home to Leeds i was all loved up again for Carlos as the players on that showing obviously want him to stay, however in my opinion i think he has had his chance and i think we could do better whilst playing more attacking footie.

I would love to be eating my words come May.

57 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I'm not saying for one minute he isnt trying, I like many others think he lacks the ability.

There is a difference.

Not sure whether you're being deliberately obtuse or have genuinely missed the point I was making.  Probably the former I would assume!!

When I put 

"Not for the want of trying, as you among others well know"!!

I was talking about you & your cohorts "trying" to 'hound him out of the club'.

But you carry on preaching your boring gospel, the proper Wednesday fans will be supporting the team tomorrow, not trying to undermine it.

20 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Not sure whether you're being deliberately obtuse or have genuinely missed the point I was making.  Probably the former I would assume!!

When I put 

"Not for the want of trying, as you among others well know"!!

I was talking about you & your cohorts "trying" to 'hound him out of the club'.

But you carry on preaching your boring gospel, the proper Wednesday fans will be supporting the team tomorrow, not trying to undermine it.

And so will I,there won't be a fan happier than me if we get 3 points, but do I think Carlos will take us up, not a chance.

13 hours ago, Blue and white said:

And so will I,there won't be a fan happier than me if we get 3 points, but do I think Carlos will take us up, not a chance.

We'll see!

3 teams do get promoted, the rest don't, so the odds are obviously stacked against.

I reckon we are as well equipped as any of the others to do it and I also reckon CC is at least as able as the other manager's and better than most.

My only concern is if we do go up, that the little clique who are perpetually calling for his head will wear their hair shirts for a couple of weeks or disappear off the face of the earth completely and then start their little trolling campaign all over again, but this time preaching the gospel that "He isn't the right man to keep us up", etc etc boring boring etc etc.

Also, (even allowing for Neil trying to increase activity on the site and stimulate 'debate'), this thread, clearly designed to resurrect the 'CC out' debate and basically stir the s**t and cause unrest again, after a stunning performance against Leeds, does him & the site, no credit at all.

I understand as well as anyone that 'business is business' as far as he is concerned, but within this, where does his responsibility as a supporter lie?

Obviously a rhetorical question, I think we all know the answer.  

Ps why on earth would you neg someone (Tom the Owl) for having a different opinion to yours????

Edited by bigthinrob

On 12/10/2017 at 21:03, gurujuan said:

Yeah, I agree with most of that, though I would say recent recruitment has stalled our progress, not enhanced it Who is responsible for that, we don't know

By my reckoning, we've spent about £25 million, on about a dozen players, since the play off final Our strongest side, in my opinion, wouldn't include any of them

Possibly you could make an argument for Reach and Fletcher, I'd be just as happy with Pudil and Forestieri That's pretty damning

So when FF is fit, you think a FF-Hooper partnership is as good as a Hooper-Fletcher partnership?

Really really?

22 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Did you say Third season?

you negative f*******s were calling for CCs head after 1 season!!

I wasn't personally, infact I was more than impressed with him.

I started to have my doubts mid way through last season and after the shambles that was our play off campaign I quickly realised that this is a man who will not take us up.