Could Sheffield Wednesday win in a playoff final?

Here’s a question for you

When we lost to Sheffield United Carlos said it was because the players got nervous and the game plan went out of the window

When challenged by Andy Giddings during the infamous £20 note press conference, Andy said that some fans thought he couldnt get his team up for the big games.

Carlos disagreed totally and said that he’d been in huge derby games before in other countries

Thing is though - won’t his players at those clubs have been already involved in previous derby games whereas we haven’t played United for years.

So let’s say we secure a playoff spot and get through to the final 

Could Carlos send his team out and win the game?

Owlstalk Shop

Of course we can, but I'd never put money on it Weirdly, we look no more capable of doing it than in our first year, when we were very much outsiders

Despite significant investment, and a further years experience, exactly the same flaws remain

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To be fair to him he took all the criticism and responsibility after the United game and thrashed Leeds in STYLE

Credit to the team and him, but can we keep it going ???

Yes, of course it's possible. If a club reaches the final, they must have overcome a semi-final first. I believe there are managers that could motivate and get the team set up better but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen under Carlos. It just lessens the chances. Alternatively, Carlos could have adapted from previous experience and found a way to deal with the situation. A one-off game - anything could happen!

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

What in the name of god has that got to do with going into the most winnable play off game since the play offs began and completely blowing it.

Eh?

Shows he took the feedback on-board and employed a different approach and strategy to win the next big game

Maybe nobody inside the SWFC bubble gave him the feedback that Andy Giddings has given him?

Owlstalk Shop

We can of course we have quality but I don't think we will under Carlos.

He has been a massive success at this club but he should have gone at the end of last year as I don't think we will get promoted under him. I think it's more than just not getting us up for big games it's the fact he doesn't get the best out of our players on a regular basis. 

We have one of the best squads in the league we should be a lot better than what we are.

And if we were to get to the playoffs again which is possible under Carlos I can see us bottling it again.

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Eh?

Shows he took the feedback on-board and employed a different approach and strategy to win the next big game

Maybe nobody inside the SWFC bubble gave him the feedback that Andy Giddings has given him?

He will change back tho.

After the Barnsley game away last year where we drew but got battered I said he had to go as we can't get promoted with him in charge.

He changed his tactics went out attaching and we won 6 on the bounce. Yes he's finally seen what's required.... but then no look what happened in the playoffs !!

He will always revert back to type which is why we will never progress 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Christ... 

That's proper doom n gloom

lol

Let's see how we do against Bolton - big test of character 

It is but not because I want to be it's what I see. We were fantastic against Leeds and If we were like that all the time we'd all be happy. 

Unfortunatly I can see us struggling against a physical Bolton side - hope I'm wrong don't wanna see them lose there twice in a year haha