Prices

10 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Whilst I can understand POTG match day pricing (and do think they are ridiculous), I do sometimes think supporters have given th club license to charge what they like. Why aren't people staying away? For example last season, the Fulham game was almost a sell out I paid £42, United game (on sky) £49 and a game at Wembley where we could have sold out allocation twice over was around £45 (I can't remember exactly). 

What is the point in all this out cry if people in large numbers are still prepared to pay excessive prices? 

Bang on, the fans should organise a mass boycott of matches... that can only be a good thing for Sheffield Wednesday. :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, mark1948 said:

If we do get to, and sustain our membership of the premier league I am pretty sure that Mr Chansiri will reward fans with better prices

Can I ask what gives you this impression? Has the chairman ever suggested this at any of his numerous forums, Q&A sessions, public statements or such like?

5 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I'm not advocating the prices by any means but surely a season ticket would have made it affordable if you go to as many as that.

Thats what i meant. I did have a season ticket but now i dont. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Can I ask what gives you this impression? Has the chairman ever suggested this at any of his numerous forums, Q&A sessions, public statements or such like?

No He hasn't said this, I said that I am pretty sure . I base this on:-  Other prem clubs are reducing prices as things stand because the TV money allows them to do so. Also Mr C has said that he cannot invest what he wants to in the Championship because of FFP. He will be freer to invest his own money when in the Prem and I think that he is the type of man who would reward his fan base when he gets there.

2 hours ago, mark1948 said:

No He hasn't said this, I said that I am pretty sure . I base this on:-  Other prem clubs are reducing prices as things stand because the TV money allows them to do so. Also Mr C has said that he cannot invest what he wants to in the Championship because of FFP. He will be freer to invest his own money when in the Prem and I think that he is the type of man who would reward his fan base when he gets there.

The price of the 1867 Club suggests otherwise

Guest Deleted member
2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

The price of the 1867 Club suggests otherwise

1 hour ago, mark1948 said:

It is consistent with his request that Supporters help fund he club in the Championship. 

14 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Well the away tickets will be cheaper and like Burnley. Stoke et once the ground is full of season ticket holders they dropped prices...why wouldn't DC do that ?

I think what Rickygoo was suggesting was that the price of tickets may well rise significantly - if the price of the Club 1867 package is an indicator. What the club are asking you to do is prebuy your Premier League season tickets (for the Kop at £1500)

£1500 divided by 3 seasons, divided by 19 games gives an equivalent match by match price of £26.32 - as opposed to this seasons match by match price of £19.78 - a rise of £6.54 a game - an increase of exactly 33%. If that 33% increase was replicated across our Pay on the Day games - it would represent a matchday ticket price of £65.20 for a category A ticket in the South - or £55.80 on the Kop.

Just now, Grandad said:

I think what Rickygoo was suggesting was that the price of tickets may well rise significantly - if the price of the Club 1867 package is an indicator. What the club are asking you to do is prebuy your Premier League season tickets (for the Kop at £1500)

£1500 divided by 3 seasons, divided by 19 games gives an equivalent match by match price of £26.32 - as opposed to this seasons match by match price of £19.78 - a rise of £6.54 a game - an increase of exactly 33%. If that 33% increase was replicated across our Pay on the Day games - it would represent a matchday ticket price of £65.20 for a category A ticket in the South - or £55.80 on the Kop.

My hero

calculator_man_by_sharpenarrow-d4jkfu6.jpg

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Again , people who cant afford season tickets being bent over and screwed by the club. 

As others have posted buying goods that are branded with a club or celebrities name name on is bad value money throughout the world. Why does anybody think Wednesday would be any different?

Where I think the clubs (all clubs) have a responsibility is regarding product targeted at children, the replica kits being the biggest problem. Kids want the latest kit and in my view it is morally wrong for football clubs to take advantage of parents /families.