People who can't get players names right.

Have a read of the latest Jack Charlton autobiography... he got everybody's name wrong.

Mick Channon used to call Garry Lineker "Linacre" ( as in "I've got 40 acres") and Barry "supercilious " Davies called Solskjaer "Scheolshkaara" in a "this is the correct pronouncement "sort of way.

I always pronounced Chris Morgan as P*ss Moron, and I'm still to be convinced that I'm wrong.

21 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

John Helm?

that's him ...well done ........I can still hear him now with " with Wednesday were grateful to stuart McCall popping up with a last minute equaliser ".....which was amazing since he played for everton 

Edited by torryowl
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

The most obvious ones being balllsed up currently are Joao and Nuhiu.

The one that winds me up most is De Bruyne in all its variations (obvs not Wednesday but it's on MOTD weekly). Makes mi teeth itch hearing it wrong.

Ive never seen anyone on here spell Dave wrong 

• Like 1

Guest Sloth Lover
1 hour ago, Mr Mercury said:

John motson made up his own ones too. One that drove me up the wall was when Chelsea played .... “What a goal by Drogbarrrr” .... shut the F00k up it’s Drogba !! 

John Motson used to call Pirlo 'Pearlo', just so that when he scored he could say 'it's a pearler from Pirlo'.

I'm sure there was an England vs France game once where Barry Davies got so tied up with pronouncing all the French players that when Alan Shearer had a chance he shouted 'Shearair'!

The father of one of my friends always used to say he wanted to see Roly Poly Alice before he died. One day she asked him who the feck Roly Poly Alice was. "Them there lights in the sky at the North pole", he answered in all seriousness. lol True story but no photos. lol 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

The father of one of my friends always used to say he wanted to see Roly Poly Alice before he died. One day she asked him who the feck Roly Poly Alice was. "Them there lights in the sky at the North pole", he answered in all seriousness. lol True story but no photos. lol 

I had a mate who used to say at Easter it was all about the re erection of Christ.

• Haha 3