13 hours ago, wednesdayok said:

Pigs and Weeds spring to mind when we refer to those 2 pointless clubs, but various clubs round the country must have a few when refering to us, I remember when we played Napoli in Italy the home fans called us "Merda Inglese" ahh the memories

Well we did lose 5-1 in Napoli so they weren't wrong.

But we beat Napoli 6-0 in 1958-9 at Hillsboro in front of 29,000.   They were 'reyt eyetie shybo' in the local dialect.

Name calling is silly.  Makes us sound like 5 year olds.  Cut it out, you lot.  Also the pointing and fixed staring from the North stand West side.

Seen many cringeworthy supposed "insults" weeds, wendies, Man Ure, Chelski, Spuds, Dingles, Toytown etc.

Only one that works is Piggy effing dirty red and white bar stewards.

Edited by OWL1969

Guest Bagarri

Hate it all...us and Utd calling each other 'pigs' and Leeds 'Weeds' etc seems very playground behaviour. My brother says it and makes me squirm every time. Grown men resorting to name calling. Just very very odd, in my opinion. Enjoy a rivalry but can't get involved in that side of it.

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

A little bit of me dies inside every time someone on here calls them 'Weeds '. It's as eye-gougingly cringeworthy as other clubs calling us 'Wendies'.

Has anyone ever actually called them that out loud without vomiting due to the sheer embarrassment of it all?

Totally agree.  Also hate Blunts and (Nottingham) Florest I think it is as well.

All relatively recent and totalshite.

8 hours ago, zico.b said:

Portsmouth and Southampton is a tasty rivalry.

Portsmouth call them 'Scummers'.

Southampton call them 'Skates'.

In Bristol , City call Rovers fans Gas heads and Rovers call City fans Shltheads.