Anyone remember this little nugget of goodness?

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Top of the premier league with 17 k gate :tango:

Leicester were hardly box office in those days and the game was on sky. We averaged about 25k in those days IIRC.

I was there and dashed to my local afterwards to wind up the Blunt supporting landlord.

I remember a former work colleague cutting out that league table and putting it in a frame on his desk..... “Make the most of it, because we waint ever be this high again” he said. Boy was he right!

Yep

Got a cherry picker and put my Wednesday flag up hanging from the rafters at work in Northants where they were all Arsenal or Man Utd fans with a mix of Rangers from Corby

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Another horrendous kit.

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

That kit and last years are the worst thing I've seen for a home kit. Can't comment on this year's as we ain't got 1 :rolleyes:

I actually liked that kit. 

BUT only because it was the first Wednesday kit I ever brought.

I remember thinking we had found a real gem in Humphries when I saw him do that. Then for some reason Pleat refused to give him an extended run in the team stating that he didn't want to burn him out as he was so young.

And, IIRC, it was after that match when Pleat was bleating that "we've done well so far but we're not safe from relegation yet." FFS, we were top of the league and playing some great football ; I don't think the players would have been too impressed with that statement ; I fecking well wasn't.