Football was RUBBISH in the 1960's

10 minutes ago, alan48 said:

Yep Torry , Man U and Leeds U plus add the Spurs game into that and the 7 - 2 at Man U .

5 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

You Bloody Show off .....lol

not as much as alan ., he out ranks me ,I didn't see  those 2 

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

not as much as alan ., he out ranks me ,I didn't see  those 2 

I Ballsed up big time again last night 

(Refuse to use Google for Clarification )

Much prefer the "pants pulling down" from you lads on here but managed to swerve out of it (I was only 12 months out this time )lol

10 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Me Dad told me our 1961 Runners-Up team weren’t bad. Any other year they would’ve won the title with a record number of points he said. Just that Spurs were so brilliant that season.

Miss me Dad’s old Wednesday stories

the season before and the one after and we'd have been champions .......

Yeah not arf, the Eusabio bloke was a bit dodgy, and Best, and the crap Man Ure final against Benfica..and us beating that shiteola manUre side 5-4...crappist game I've ever seen. We were reyt lucky to beat the glampusses of Chelski in the mud in the FA semi an all.

In fact the 60's were pwopper bobar after the cops nicked me purple hearts.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Springett

Johnson           Megson

McAnearney  Swan   Kay

Finney                     Wilkinson 

Fantham  Layne  Quixall

Rubbish ??

Quixall never played with Layne he'd gone to Man U long before that...apart from that they were a good team

17 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Me Dad told me our 1961 Runners-Up team weren’t bad. Any other year they would’ve won the title with a record number of points he said. Just that Spurs were so brilliant that season.

Miss me Dad’s old Wednesday stories

My dad said the same...and moaned about the board not investing in a reyt good chance of being truely brill

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

Quixall never played with Layne he'd gone to Man U long before that...apart from that they were a good team

58 replacing the late  Duncan Edwards 

We played them first after Munich as big hitters in the league and had our Bottoms Smacked (same as the owls man really miss my old man's  "owlstalk"

Better than any Wikipedia .....

4 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Yeah not arf, the Eusabio bloke was a bit dodgy, and Best, and the crap Man Ure final against Benfica..and us beating that shiteola manUre side 5-4...crappist game I've ever seen. We were reyt lucky to beat the glampusses of Chelski in the mud in the FA semi an all.

In fact the 60's were pwopper bobar after the cops nicked me purple hearts.

Me Mum used to work at Boots and got hassled by all me Dad’s mates coming in and saying “Psst, Annette, have you got any purple hearts?”. She was only young and was freetled that she was going to get sacked.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Me ma's claim to fame is she turned down Quixall for a dance at the City Hall cos 'she was with someone' turned out to be my old man...god bless

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Yes sorry Davey. I did know that.

Was just trying to make the point.

If todays players had to play under the same circumstances, I'm not so sure they would cope..Heavy pitches, heavy balls...extremely heavy tackles, diet, training etc.

Ive seen Gerry Young make tackles that would be a straight red today, but were deemed as fair enough in those days..Its all a bit relative..

On a desso pitch with no tackles or shoulder chgarging etc..Todays players would walk it..

Muck, bullets and knee high tackles on a mudheap...Not a chance...

12 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

colin Dobson is the missing player I think .......that team more or less never changed for about 2 years ....holliday ,pearson , hill  a young Eustace & hardy  made appearances but that's the 1st eleven I remember ...................oops delete kay and put in Gerry young 

Edited by torryowl