14 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

they borrowed that there slow boat from China lol 

Or the slow train from Portsmouth!

On 09/10/2017 at 18:53, fred mciver said:

If you read the propaganda from our new kit supplier, a relatively new firm in Australia, it's made pretty clear that Palmer was the main man on us changing manufacturers.

While looked good on the surface, not sure Joe fully considered the extended supply chain in getting goods from Down Under to UK.

And that this firm probably didn't have the infrastructure,  nor logistics, needed to get shirts here pre -season and for our big 150th birthday.  

As said, this is just another example of executive shambles at Hillsborough. If income growth is all, this CEO has to go.

Logistics? It's 25,000 shirts not 25,000 Eurofighters. 

Give me a design and I could have 25,000 shirts here in 8 weeks. For shipping it's only 6 pallets, you could get them in 2 days by air freight for around £10,000, 25 times the cost of sea freight but 37 days quicker and still only 40p a shirt.

2 hours ago, londonowl said:

Logistics? It's 25,000 shirts not 25,000 Eurofighters. 

Give me a design and I could have 25,000 shirts here in 8 weeks. For shipping it's only 6 pallets, you could get them in 2 days by air freight for around £10,000, 25 times the cost of sea freight but 37 days quicker and still only 40p a shirt.

Yeah nice one....good luck finding a factory that has capacity on it's lines available and suppose you do, I'd be worried that they're not at full capacity if they're supposed to be a quality supplier.

1 hour ago, Doug Owlett said:

Yeah nice one....good luck finding a factory that has capacity on it's lines available and suppose you do, I'd be worried that they're not at full capacity if they're supposed to be a quality supplier.

Need go no further than Weatherfield ...

Baldwin's+2.jpg

factory girls.jpg

Every other football club manages to find one.

Probably right mate but then you have to ask why have we gone down this route ?

How many other clubs are doing this successfully should have been the first question asked by whoever is behind the idea.

33 minutes ago, kelliesleftnut said:

Probably right mate but then you have to ask why have we gone down this route ?

Prrrrrrrrrrrofit

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Prrrrrrrrrrrofit

Although to make a profit you have to have sales

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Which will now be affected by:

a) People going elsewhere (Toffs etc)

b) People refusing to pay full price for a kit for half a season...

c) ...or will be affected by any potential reduction in retail price (should the club look to appease fans)

All in all probably going to be a significant hit on sales and profit when the kits eventually turn up, what a mess.

14 minutes ago, mkowl said:

And to have sales you have to have something to sell. Unless Mr Palmer has learnt how to bottle fresh air.

3 hours ago, Doug Owlett said:

TBF most pf the tat supplied to football clubs isn't "quality"

The brands subcontract out and the stuff being pumped out en masse by Puma and Adidas is really poor quality - unless it's a major club going for the bespoke options

The problem is that its conceptually attractive for many fans to have the "brands" supplying the tat - so they refuse to believe the dearth of quality they spend their money on

If they sold the kit half price id look at it as a bit of a mess and certainty that thw club has learnt a lesson which wont be repeated. Regardless it's a mess made better by rewarding the fans for their patience.

What we will get however is a kit that will cost about £60 rincing fans for every penny they have.

11 hours ago, Doug Owlett said:

It wasn't a hypothetical. If you think finding capacity to produce 25,000 shirts is a problem, you've obviously never tried.