Sad news on the passing of a good friend and owl.

Guest paulvcooke

Geoff was a good friend, and possibly the nicest chap anyone could meet. A brilliant bloke.

Just been reminiscing about him with my Dad.

RIP Smiffy

Guest paulvcooke
3 hours ago, alanharper said:

RIP.  Think he sat not far away from me in the North, did he hang around with another bloke with long grey curly hair? 

Yeah, that's his best mate, John. They knew each other since they were kids.

Sad day.

Edited by paulvcooke
typo

4 hours ago, Hodgyowl said:

new geoff from the old days wap, yorkshiremans and rebel's great guy and will be missed by his passing, my bro will be gutted rip geoff a true gent and a true gardion of heavy rock a very sad day indeed god bless fella. 

Thought I recognised him from years back. Used to be a regular in the Wap about from age 18 40 years ago until I left Sheffield and frequently saw quite a few of the guys at Wednesday game all over the country. Fly high and play the music at volume 11!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Prendo's boots said:

I recognise him from going in the Wap years n years ago...loads of Owls used to be in there...RIP Geoff !!

He's spoken about the Wap and Corp many a time.

We are in contact with his sister with regards to getting something on the big screen or in the programme for the Barnsley game, we obviously want to make sure it's OK with his family first.  If they give the OK has anyone done this before, if so who is the best person to speak to at the club?

• Like 1

Geoff's funeral It is at 9.45am on 20th October at Hutcliffe Wood Crematorium ( Sheffield S8 0HN ) . 
The wake afterwards is at the New Barrack Tavern ( Sheffield S6 2GA ) . 
Flowers will be close family only but, if anyone wishes to make a donation to :
Weston Park Hospital
Whitham Road
Sheffield
S10 2SJ
Then please feel free to do so mentioning Geoff Smith in any correspondence as it will be appreciated and anyone who knows Weston Park will know the brilliant work they do in Cancer care.

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:56, nk said:

He's spoken about the Wap and Corp many a time.

We are in contact with his sister with regards to getting something on the big screen or in the programme for the Barnsley game, we obviously want to make sure it's OK with his family first.  If they give the OK has anyone done this before, if so who is the best person to speak to at the club?

Try Trevor Braithwait nice bloke and if not him he will put you right

• Like 1

Great send off for Geoff today, had the Wednesday shirt (signed it appears by the team) on his coffin in the car and the picture they had up front was Geoff and Chansiri on the pitch at Hillsborough.

The place was full of rockers, felt a bit over-dressed in my shirt and tie :)

RIP Geoff, you'll be missed.

37 minutes ago, nk said:

Great send off for Geoff today, had the Wednesday shirt (signed it appears by the team) on his coffin in the car and the picture they had up front was Geoff and Chansiri on the pitch at Hillsborough.

The place was full of rockers, felt a bit over-dressed in my shirt and tie :)

RIP Geoff, you'll be missed.

Have a drink for me for him...he'll be missed in the Barracks... RIP Geoff

• Like 1