New Sheffield Wednesday Home Shirt

An observation.

My local convenience shop fell on hard times, it was taken on by a Bangladeshi family and is now going great guns.

When they first started I popped in and out of 5 items that I wanted they could only supply 3.

No big deal to me but the feller was most concerned ....

The next time I went in he was stocking what I was missing on my previous visit.

It was only a paper and a certain type of tobacco but he won me over to becoming a regular... I probably spend £50-60 a week there now.

Just now, Finlux_Cup said:

I’ll tell you what’s pointless, having a differing, usually positive, opinion on here, the vultures start circling and mobbing up!  

You defend the club on every single aspect.

That's why you have become a bit of a laughing stock on here.

I'm only trying to help.

Thats a very good analogy, things take time, the kit fiasco is a c.ock up involving all parties concerned, it’s an issue everyone could do without, it’s something for people to focus on and, rightly or wrongly, call the club into question over, but turning round the commercial side of things will take time, but we’ll get it right.

You've missed my point by a mile mate.

The interval between my first visit and second, was less than a week.

36 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Dense?  Who the fv.ck are you?

Youre looking for stuff that ain’t there, has everyone popped a load of downers this morning or summat, why is everyone sh.itting themselves all of a sudden?

I think you are on your own pal.

The club couldn't run a bath at the minute 

20 hours ago, j17tjp said:

It's possibly been asked in other various topics....

but what happened to the 3rd kit? 

I saw the 'fan made' design, then have seen/heard nothing since.

anyone on here know?

It will be launched at this years Owls In The Park... oh, wait.

4 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

You’re point works though mate, you hit the nail on the head.   The club isn’t a corner shop and things don’t take a week, the commercial side will get sorted!

They're still stocking things that people don't want to buy.

I accept that you're on a wind up... well done...

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Thats a very good analogy, things take time, the kit fiasco is a c.ock up involving all parties concerned, it’s an issue everyone could do without, it’s something for people to focus on and, rightly or wrongly, call the club into question over, but turning round the commercial side of things will take time, but we’ll get it right.

25 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

At the minute I agree!

There you go. It feels like therapy.

Now go and say 12 hail Marys and bathe in holy water.

2 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

No wind up here mate, club shop has always been a pile of sh.it, the old one at the corner of South Stand/Kop was much better in what they sold, this club shop situation will take time to sort, but it will get sorted, that’s all I’m saying, and again, no wind up.

Go on lad let it all out. Now can you send Daveyboy or Nev in next please.

Youre a condescending little fella aren’t you, why do you belittle people with a differing opinion? Does it make you feel hard like the school bully?

Proper little keyboard warrior is Emilianenko!

:duntmatter:

Jesus. You try helping some folk and this is the thanks you get.

Might add a little extra to your bill now.

Don;t forget the gratuity.

39 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

They're still stocking things that people don't want to buy.

Very true, some horrendous tat in there. Weirdly, there are also some admittedly old now, but still very nice Sondico training gear etc that isn't for sale on the website. Why not? They'd be shifting at least some of it this year given the lack of kit for fans to buy, surely? Otherwise the rest of it is gonna end up in a charity box before long.

One thing I would genuinely like to know re: merch & this season's 'in-house' kit deal etc, is whether there was ever any plan in place for other stock besides the shirts themselves.

Like, who even makes 'official' SWFC souvenirs, and where might you buy them wholesale as a club? Does one company make it all, and someone else just stamps a crest on it, or is each item sourced from different suppliers? Because I don't see how lack of a replica shirt in any way affects other product lines, which as it stands are also sadly lacking.

It's been said above that these sorts of things "don't happen in a week", a point that I accept on one level...but on another, it's quite literally not true. Unless every item is being bespoke designed and handcrafted, which I seriously doubt - a lot of it is clearly generic stuff with a crest slapped on it - then, armed with a credit card and a high res transparency of the crest, I probably could get a batch of almost any Wednesday-branded product delivered in a week.

Is there some sort of incredibly complicated legal wrangling to go through as a football club that I wouldn't be subject to as a lone party ordering some designs on the internet, or is it actually about as easy as it seems like it should be?

What exactly will Joe be DOING, for example, tomorrow morning? Is this his only job, or one of many? I'm not that fussed about merch in general, but I'd really quite like to know

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Very true, some horrendous tat in there. Weirdly, there are also some admittedly old now, but still very nice Sondico training gear etc that isn't for sale on the website. Why not? They'd be shifting at least some of it this year given the lack of kit for fans to buy, surely? Otherwise the rest of it is gonna end up in a charity box before long.

One thing I would genuinely like to know re: merch & this season's 'in-house' kit deal etc, is whether there was ever any plan in place for other stock besides the shirts themselves.

Like, who even makes 'official' SWFC souvenirs, and where might you buy them wholesale as a club? Does one company make it all, and someone else just stamps a crest on it, or is each item sourced from different suppliers? Because I don't see how lack of a replica shirt in any way affects other product lines, which as it stands are also sadly lacking.

It's been said above that these sorts of things "don't happen in a week", a point that I accept on one level...but on another, it's quite literally not true. Unless every item is being bespoke designed and handcrafted, which I seriously doubt - a lot of it is clearly generic stuff with a crest slapped on it - then, armed with a credit card and a high res transparency of the crest, I probably could get a batch of almost any Wednesday-branded product delivered in a week.

Is there some sort of incredibly complicated legal wrangling to go through as a football club that I wouldn't be subject to as a lone party ordering some designs on the internet, or is it actually about as easy as it seems like it should be?

What exactly will Joe be DOING, for example, tomorrow morning? Is this his only job, or one of many? I'm not that fussed about merch in general, but I'd really quite like to know.

It's only my opinion and most of it is informed guesswork...

I believe that outside of season ticket sales, DC doesn't care about other income....it's not worth the effort.

Palmer's hiring is a strange one.... perhaps for some future (premier league) purpose.

Extrapolate the numbers any way you like but there's got to be ferocious amounts of money going in weekly that no club shop can ever cover.

29 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Youre a condescending little fella aren’t you, why do you belittle people with a differing opinion? Does it make you feel hard like the school bully?

Proper little keyboard warrior is Emilianenko!

:duntmatter:

Same could be said of you and your apparent disregard for anyone who has an interest In anything to do with the club outside of the pitch.

I have a little niece who is well overdue on her replica top so she and her uncle can go to the games in her words 'in our Wednesday clothes like the players' but screw that it's just about everything on the pitch like it's some sort of dichotomy and you can't care about both.

22 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's only my opinion and most of it is informed guesswork...

I believe that outside of season ticket sales, DC doesn't care about other income....it's not worth the effort.

Palmer's hiring is a strange one.... perhaps for some future (premier league) purpose.

Extrapolate the numbers any way you like but there's got to be ferocious amounts of money going in weekly that no club shop can ever cover.

15k kit sales is realistic. Been done previously. At £50, that's 750k. No one can turn nose up at that.

I'll come off the fence on this one. The club website merchandise pages are like trawling through a Lakeland catalogue equivalent on morphine.

E.g. scarves (which i think look awful) at £20 give or take, bland t-shirts, semi-useful rammle and bric-a-brac, Sondico training gear under Matchday apparel section???, other miscellaneous oddities etc.

Pricing of club goods certainly in the upper quartile for EFL reatil prices also.

I do like the mugs though.

Edited by F. Spiksley

12 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

15k kit sales is realistic. Been done previously. At £50, that's 750k. No one can turn nose up at that.

It's essential free easy money for the club. Well if you source and order the product in time that is.

However I may not generate huge sums, like premier league TV money. But its worth having. 

Edited by Maddogbob

2 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

I'll come off the fence on this one. The club website merchandise pages are like trawling through a Lakeland catalogue equivalent on morphine.

E.g. scarves (which i think look awful) at £20 give or take, bland t-shirts, semi-useful rammle and bric-a-brac, Sondico training gear under Matchday apparel section???, other miscellaneous oddities etc.

Pricin gof club goods certainly in the upper quartile for EFL reatil prices also.

I do like the mugs though.

The t-shirts are what get me, hilariously bad - I'd certainly buy a Wednesday t-shirt every now and then, if only to throw another £25 at the club once or twice a season

...but not when we literally don't stock a single one in our actual club colours, never mind stripes/no stripes! :duntmatter:

Unbelievable (Jeff).

Edited by Mr. Tom