Priority Points. Becoming a closed shop.

I'm lucky to get to more than a match a season but I think the system is perfectly fair.  Despite been a real part time I still manage to get a ticket for Wembley,  play off v Huddersfield and the pigs game. 

Actually thinking on it the system is bloody unfair.  Would be much fairer if I couldn't have got tickets to those games lol

2 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I only put it to wind the OP up!

I have 600 so unlikely to get pig tickets even with Brentford and Reading to come.

Would like to go Forest on Boxing Day but expect those to be difficult to get too.

Forest tickets will be harder to get than Pigs because our allocation is smaller.

4 hours ago, Blatter said:

One of the problems I see is the way priority points are awarded for season tickets.

A new season ticket holder accrues 230 priority points at the start of the season before attending a game.

A fairer way would be to add 10 points for each time the card is read at the turnstile.

That's not really rewarding the season ticket holder for committing to buying tickets for 23 games in one go.  TPP are added to everyone's account when the ticket is purchased, not when the game takes place.

Are you saying it is fair to a season ticket holder who has to miss 3 games in a season only gets 200 points because the ticket is used 20 times even though 23 'tickets' have been purchased?

I attend about 18 away games a year.  The none starters are midweek games more than two hours away (no chance work) and those that clash with family holidays.  Last year I let three mates of my grown up son go to Norwich, Barnsley and Ipswich as they clashed with our holidays.  I benefited from 30 TPPs (which make no real difference to me), but the lads loved the experience and are now first time season ticket holders.  WAWAW.  

3 hours ago, Ryan the owl said:

But the people they are buying tickets for are going through the trouble and expense of supporting their team so you're kind of contradicting yourself.

lol

You are really talking rubbish now.

If the people they are buying tickets for are that keen to go to games they should accumulate their own points and use the system properly.

The whole idea is you use your points to buy tickets for yourself or let the next person in line buy it.

Can't believe you are trying to justify the selling on of tickets 

5 hours ago, oldishowl said:

But the issue is they are maintaining the status in an unfair way and by buying tickets and selling them on are depriving other  current proper fans of the tickets.

It is not up to individuals who accrue points yet don't go to games to decide who should get the tickets. They should stop it and let the system work.

And you don't need to miss many games to drop down the order.

I am normally in the first sale but missed the Fulham game and was then in the second tranche for Burton. Fair enough, I missed a game.

The system is meant to reward people who go to the trouble and expense to support the team. Let it work.

You are being economical with the facts here.....you are making out that you have ONLY missed the Fulham game in the last 2 years which blatantly isn't true if you were in the second tranche of sales with just 10 points less than the maximum

you can drop from first to second tranche without missing a particular game....lots of people would have dropped down for the Burton game which is due to the small allocation not missing the Fulham game

18 minutes ago, Ian said:

You are being economical with the facts here.....you are making out that you have ONLY missed the Fulham game in the last 2 years which blatantly isn't true if you were in the second tranche of sales with just 10 points less than the maximum

you can drop from first to second tranche without missing a particular game....lots of people would have dropped down for the Burton game which is due to the small allocation not missing the Fulham game

What you on about.

Where have I said I have only missed the Fulham game in the last 2 seasons 

It just happened that the two games followed each other .

I couldn't make Fulham and dropped out of the first sale date for Burton, exactly as it should work.

If I had bought a Fulham ticket and sold it on I would still have been in the first sale for Burton which is not how it is intended to work 

It was a good example of the points system working 

Guest Copthorneowl

I think the system is basically very fair.  Those who go most get the most points no argument ....however

Someone posted about the money they'd put in, well yes they have put more money ....into the club ....and that's why the system is fair however take me and many like me I'll travel 450 mile round trip so food is  involved, high fuel costs, and often I book hotel accommodation but not always.

Because of the travel/hassle and time involve a season ticket is not realistic, but I and many like me will spend more on watching us than a ST holder but get no chance of away tickets. Can't get to night matches and some early ko's but I'm probably paying as much as a season ticket holder for a dozen or so games.

The only away games we get to would be night games in the Lobdon area plus Brighton Reading Ipswich etc., or similar but I still think the system is fair.

7 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Friday night in the boozer arranging times to meet the following day, then get up at daft o’clock, still half cut with a Liptons placcy bag full of lager, a copy of the Sun and pile into a transit to Carlisle!  

.....but we were happy!  

Swap lager and a copy of the Sun for bitter and the Daily Mirror :).   Would have been getting on for fifteen of us in the the transit, with no seats maybe a couple of matresses if we were lucky.   

.... but very happy!

14 hours ago, casbahowl said:

The away season ticket scheme is a fantastic opportunity for any fan wanting to guarantee hard to get tickets.

It's a privilege to have a job that allows enough disposable income to purchase an away season ticket as well as a home one. At the moment I'm in that thankful position and in spite of living 150 miles from Hillsborough make most away games and only rarely have to send an away ticket back.

It would be helpful if more away grounds allowed extra visiting supporters as most of the stadiums we go to have lots of spare capacity. 

16 hours ago, alanharper said:

Exactly this.

The scheme means that season ticket holders who also go to the most away games throughout the rolling 2 year period get priority for tickets for the big away games. What's not fair about that? The only people who complain about it are those who choose the bigger limited allocation game as their one and only away trip of the season and decide that they're entitled to get a ticket at the expense of somebody who's travelled around the country all season. Before TPP came in, I went to most away games in the 2011/12 promotion season (including losing 5-1 at Stevenage midweek!), then for the big final one at Brentford everybody wanted to go and I didn't get a ticket but people who hadn't been away all season (or ever!) got one. 

And as quoted above, it's not a closed shop - any season ticket holder can join this so called exclusive club by going to more away games, plenty of them don't sell out or go to general sale so no excuses.

Bang on. After we won League Cup in 91 I couldn't get on the Kop as it was sold out, (despite having been in the same spot all season) I even had to go in the triangle for one match. Bought a season ticket the season after and every one since.

On 07/10/2017 at 00:19, Chris Sanderson said:

People with priority points buying tickets then reselling them to friends or through social media. Think it's happening quite a bit. Priority points seems a good system but its not all its cracked up to be. Can't make an away game buy ticket or tickets anyway knowing you'll be able to sell them on and still get the points. Becoming a closed shop  maybe. Thoughts?

Get yourself a Bolton ticket still 160 left for a game only 60mile journey and you’ll get your 10 points and be higher up that priority ladder. 

Around 60% of our away games went to s/t sale last year. If you want to build your points up go to the less desirable games then you’ll have enough points for tickets to the games everyone wants to go to.

Edited by Dezmo

Agree with what the majority on here are saying. 

Built mine up going to games like Cambridge, Brentford, Norwich and Birmingham away last season. Norwich and Brum were televised but I wanted to build my points up.

Same with Cardiff away on the Tuesday night.

If you want to build up enough TPP's to go to games like Forest, Burton, Pigs, Villa you have plenty of opportunity to do so. You just have to support them on the road at the less appealing games.

Think the system is fine.

Your always going to struggle for certain games it's the way of the world... if your Forest and Villa gave us 5k we would sell them but they won't. These are 2 I'd love to go too but having a year off last year has left me low on points. It's a pain but only fair on those who didn't have a year off