Priority Points. Becoming a closed shop.

4 hours ago, s73owl said:

Isn't that because they get 600/700 points per match?

Yes, plus the fact that, unlike ours, their's has no cut off after 2 seasons.

They just keep accumulating points season after season.

Must make it impossible for "New" supporters to ever obtain tickets for any attractive away game, even after several years of following their team.

Mind you I would count that as the only advantage of following the Oinkers.:tango:

I'd like us to tweak our points system with different points for different games

Ipswich away on a Wednesday night when it's on sky should get you more points than s standard home match on a Saturday afternoon 

Nobody has really answered the question from the op

Some people are keeping their points by buying tickets but then selling them on.

They are keeping the right to buy tickets but not actually going to the trouble of going to games . Even worse if they are making a profit

I agree with the op

This is wrong but you will always get two hats who abuse the system. Shame they are keeping proper fans from getting tickets 

Love listening to the ones who don't go complain about TPP, one of my mates last year said it's not fair there should be a free for all so everyone has a chance of going...

It's the fairest system, rewards the ones who go and put their money in, while the ones who don't go can still attend but they've got to build their TPP up by attending less glamorous games such as early road cup ties and trips to Reading/Ipswich/Norwich/Weekday games.

i also don't see anything wrong with what the OP says, as long as they aren't being sold for profit they've built the TPP to buy the tickets so let them get them, not like the people with low TPP would get them anyway.

Edited by Not Jon Newsome

35 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Nobody has really answered the question from the op

Some people are keeping their points by buying tickets but then selling them on.

They are keeping the right to buy tickets but not actually going to the trouble of going to games . Even worse if they are making a profit

I agree with the op

This is wrong but you will always get two hats who abuse the system. Shame they are keeping proper fans from getting tickets 

But they must be proper fans to acquire that amount of points in the first place? Swings and roundabouts. 

I'm sitting comfortable on 740 atm and I expect to be on 780 by the time United away comes around. 

One of the problems I see is the way priority points are awarded for season tickets.

A new season ticket holder accrues 230 priority points at the start of the season before attending a game.

A fairer way would be to add 10 points for each time the card is read at the turnstile.

11 hours ago, Chris Sanderson said:

People with priority points buying tickets then reselling them to friends or through social media. Think it's happening quite a bit. Priority points seems a good system but its not all its cracked up to be. Can't make an away game buy ticket or tickets anyway knowing you'll be able to sell them on and still get the points. Becoming a closed shop  maybe. Thoughts?

I disagree, I’ve always been average in away attendance but a bit of effort last season and beginning of this has put me in a position to buy tickets, even got one for Burton! Although I put that down to our slow start. No system is going to be perfect but with effort you can climb priority, one change I’d make is maybe do it over 3 season.

Edited by 1867Heaven

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

One of the problems I see is the way priority points are awarded for season tickets.

A new season ticket holder accrues 230 priority points at the start of the season before attending a game.

A fairer way would be to add 10 points for each time the card is read at the turnstile.

The club would need to put a system in place to do  that. Not worth the time or outlay imo.

10 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Pigs do theirs with no time limit: Basically accrued from as far back as their system allows.

Pros and cons to both I suppose.

Speaking of pigs, what's guess on tpp needed for away match? 700?

Huddersfield play off semi last season sold out at 750 I think it was, 700-something anyway, so I’d say same as that.

4 hours ago, dowls said:

People play the system .. thing is why should the club care? 

Plenty of club run such systems, Man Utd have been running it for years. During their glory years they were plenty of vacant season ticket holders whose tickets would be resold by the fan clubs around the country.

Fact is when teams become popular supply becomes limited and demand increases.  Tickets still available for Bolton away so demand as yet to outstrip supply and when we play Leeds we've rarely sold out, and I doubt we will sell out for Ipswich. If a fan wants to buy a ticket for Ipswich and not bother well there funding Ipswich and Wednesday get a degree of income - we won't sell out for Ipswich.

Man U have it in place that if it can be proven any member has sold their ticket they get a life time ban!

2 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

But they must be proper fans to acquire that amount of points in the first place? Swings and roundabouts. 

I'm sitting comfortable on 740 atm and I expect to be on 780 by the time United away comes around. 

But the issue is they are maintaining the status in an unfair way and by buying tickets and selling them on are depriving other  current proper fans of the tickets.

It is not up to individuals who accrue points yet don't go to games to decide who should get the tickets. They should stop it and let the system work.

And you don't need to miss many games to drop down the order.

I am normally in the first sale but missed the Fulham game and was then in the second tranche for Burton. Fair enough, I missed a game.

The system is meant to reward people who go to the trouble and expense to support the team. Let it work.

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

But the issue is they are maintaining the status in an unfair way and by buying tickets and selling them on are depriving other  current proper fans of the tickets.

It is not up to individuals who accrue points yet don't go to games to decide who should get the tickets. They should stop it and let the system work.

I am normally in the first sale but missed the Fulham game and was then in the second tranche for Burton. Fair enough, I missed a game.

The system is meant to reward people who go to the trouble and expense to support the team. Let it work.

In all honesty, how many people are actually doing this? 10? 20?

Out of allocations in the 1,000's it can't really be that much of an issue. 

In order to make it a "closed shop" as you say - multiple hundreds of people would need to be doing it.

1 hour ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

In all honesty, how many people are actually doing this? 10? 20?

Out of allocations in the 1,000's it can't really be that much of an issue. 

In order to make it a "closed shop" as you say - multiple hundreds of people would need to be doing it.

I have no idea

I just think it is wrong to deprive fans who deserve tickets by fiddling the system but I just dislike people who cheat

24 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Anyone want to use my ticket to go to Reading, Norwich and Brentford then? Could do with the points!

How many points you got. Are you going to villa. 

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

But the people they are buying tickets for are going through the trouble and expense of supporting their team so you're kind of contradicting yourself.

lol