Priority Points. Becoming a closed shop.

People with priority points buying tickets then reselling them to friends or through social media. Think it's happening quite a bit. Priority points seems a good system but its not all its cracked up to be. Can't make an away game buy ticket or tickets anyway knowing you'll be able to sell them on and still get the points. Becoming a closed shop  maybe. Thoughts?

First come first served like bread in Soviet union  Russia . I have a season ticket so my payment per game is less than people who pay per game , yet as well as cheaper games I get some priority over people who can't afford it all in one go or who's job dictates matches they can get to . I don't think it's fair . Unless it involves the play off final then I retract everything I just put WTF: then again with the watch fiasco they'd sell fifty thousand tickets then tell most people they can't go but can have a picture of the match for the same price . Pictures meaningless but still worth it I feel  2d2c3210-7c70-11e4-9836-17c564008829_taylor-swift-shocked.thumb.jpg.1af51646be9b6791b87b73d75c9cac51.jpg

• Haha 1

I was talking to a pig who said he couldn't get a ticket for the derby game at Hillsborough.

He said he had over 30,000 tpp's, which was still not enough to guarantee getting a ticket.WTF:.

Edited by oldtawnyowl

3 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

I was talking to a pig who said he couldn't get a ticket for the derby game at Hillsborough.

He said he had over 30,000 tpp's, which was still not enough to guarantee getting a ticket.WTF:.

Isn't that because they get 600/700 points per match?

People play the system .. thing is why should the club care? 

Plenty of club run such systems, Man Utd have been running it for years. During their glory years they were plenty of vacant season ticket holders whose tickets would be resold by the fan clubs around the country.

Fact is when teams become popular supply becomes limited and demand increases.  Tickets still available for Bolton away so demand as yet to outstrip supply and when we play Leeds we've rarely sold out, and I doubt we will sell out for Ipswich. If a fan wants to buy a ticket for Ipswich and not bother well there funding Ipswich and Wednesday get a degree of income - we won't sell out for Ipswich.

It's one of the only things Wednesday have got correct over the last 10 years

People with the highest points have been to the most matches over a 3 year period.

There are lots of games over this period that haven't sold out, giving the opportunity to others to increase their points total 

It only becomes an issue when the one away match a year fan can't get a ticket for a local away game! Tough!

• Like 1

Being a home and away supporter over the last 5/6 years the scheme has worked in my benefit all that time. 

However, I bought a house this summer ... So away games are a thing of the past for me now, no I'm slightly concerned I might not get tickets for the sty ... But I've got mates who use my tickets now every so often, even a couple on here . If that tips me over the line of having enough points then so be it. 

56 minutes ago, torres said:

It's one of the only things Wednesday have got correct over the last 10 years

People with the highest points have been to the most matches over a 3 year period.

There are lots of games over this period that haven't sold out, giving the opportunity to others to increase their points total 

It only becomes an issue when the one away match a year fan can't get a ticket for a local away game! Tough!

53 minutes ago, happy bunny said:

The closed shop is created by the fans that go to the most games

Takes time but anybody can join

Exactly this.

The scheme means that season ticket holders who also go to the most away games throughout the rolling 2 year period get priority for tickets for the big away games. What's not fair about that? The only people who complain about it are those who choose the bigger limited allocation game as their one and only away trip of the season and decide that they're entitled to get a ticket at the expense of somebody who's travelled around the country all season. Before TPP came in, I went to most away games in the 2011/12 promotion season (including losing 5-1 at Stevenage midweek!), then for the big final one at Brentford everybody wanted to go and I didn't get a ticket but people who hadn't been away all season (or ever!) got one. 

And as quoted above, it's not a closed shop - any season ticket holder can join this so called exclusive club by going to more away games, plenty of them don't sell out or go to general sale so no excuses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

TPP is as good a system as you can get. Any system where demand outweighs supply will have problems but this system has few.

When someone lets their account be used by others it has three downsides:

queue jumping by the person getting the ticket;

missing out on TTPs by the ticket buyer, which might be critical for the game where the mate with the TTPs wants to go too;

queue jumping at big games by the person who has unfairly built up their TTPs through the efforts of mates.

The answer for me, at least part way to a solution, is for sell out games to attract zero TPPs. Or maybe zero points for those that don't reach general sale. Hence there is no way some people can build up points whilst others are frozen out. Anyone buying a ticket with a view to selling it, but keeping the points, would risk not selling (if not sold out) or having the hassle for no TPP benefit. 

You'd still get mates helping mates, but it would (unless tickets sold at a profit) be a selfless act not a selfish one.