On this day 40 years ago !

52 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

The very last home league game that I missed was when Len Ashurst was Manager.

Bloody Hell !! Forty years since.

Well now your moniker makes sense!

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

If that's true then you deserve a medal...lol

Or certifying. WTF:

Well done whichever it is.

What about a thread for you has seen the most consecutive home and or away games and or both .

There's not much else to discuss at the moment  

I've just done a quick check and I've watched 846 consecutive League games since Jack Charlton watched the Chesterfield game from the North stand. The total would probably be more but I can't remember how many of Len Ashurst's games I missed before Jack came.

In addition I've not missed a home F.A. Cup match in the same period, and only missed two League Cup games as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

I've just done a quick check and I've watched 846 consecutive League games since Jack Charlton watched the Chesterfield game from the North stand. The total would probably be more but I can't remember how many of Len Ashurst's games I missed before Jack came.

In addition I've not missed a home F.A. Cup match in the same period, and only missed two League Cup games as well.

That's fantastic support 

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Well done that man. Not missed a game through injury or illness. Some of our players should take note. Why are you not a Wednesday Legend. You should be on the portrait thingy. Only another 10 years and you will get your gold watch. If they order it now you should get it this day 2027. 

Superb supporter and very fortunate to be able to achieve such a remarkable record. 

Been supporting the Owls since 1960, so should qualify for a diamond ring in three years time, but promotion to the Premiership would be quite sufficient.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

Part timer !!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

I remember these matches vividly (and was a regular for 2or 3 seasons before this ) and I'm still here every week BUT no way have I not missed some for holidays,illness,weddings etc ! Interesting to know the total number of matches (ish) attended though 

14 hours ago, dunsbyowl said:

:-)

sheep.jpg

Always loved that cartoon. At the same time I think Roy Ullyett of the Daily Express did one of the team barbecuing one of their team mates to survive! Does anyone have a copy of that?