Adam Reach gets Sky Sports award for best left back

Hooper marked on average at 7.34 over 5 games in September. Four goals but no assists in those games, where Garner and lasogga scored less but both got a couple assists. Doesn't include the Leeds game where Hooper was marked 9.33. Had that game been included he would have been rated 7.67

59 minutes ago, james o connor said:

He's a good player and congrats to him . My only criticism is I think he's better than what we see . He has it in his locker to be a great player instead of the good player we are seeing at the moment . 

I agree he has a lot more. But he is on the up. Some of his displays this year have been top notch. Im pretty sure we all sit on the edge of our seat now when he starts one of those Bale-like long runs.

I think there will be many and more prestigious awards in his time with us.

2 hours ago, ozznotts said:

Have been singing Reach's praises from the first whistle this season. What a player he has become. If only everyone could see it! Stats do not lie.

According to stats Jordan Henderson is one of the Prem's best midfielders!! He clearly isn't so stats can lie. No problem with reach though. Hope he keeps it up. 

14 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

This is especially hilarious to me, given that there are a few posters on here that have been moaning and moaning about how terrible he is out there.

Its football mate. People are allowed an opinion and they are also allowed to change it...

I've said this time and time again but last season I was wondering what soccer school this lad went to because if it led to him being a professional footballer we should all go there... I think this was partly because he was played where ever we needed a player on the left hand side and that disrupted his rhythm a bit. 

This season he's predominantly been played left back and he has been allowed to settle into the position. Playing a narrow midfield has helped him as he's afforded a lot of space on the left which he's taken advantage of. I still think he's a bit weak in the tackle and I squirm every time he goes up for a header but at the moment, if you want an attacking full back, there aren't many in better form than our Adam.

Well done to the lad. His most improved asset for me is when he's in a crossing position. He doesn't just aimlessly throw it to back post every time (like Jack Hunt seems to do at times), he'll cut one back to Hooper or he'll fizz it to the front post. I like that with him. An example, the one against Sunderland at home where he cut it back to Hooper and he hit the bar. 

I'm certainly warming to him. I dont need to be told 'you told me so' because I still stand by opinion on him last season

All it mentions is his assists and not his ability, or lack of, to defend. So it’s pointless. He’s had a good month stats wise for a left winger, but in the real world he’s been playing left back, and struggling.

If you look at his performances when he wasn’t had the ball he’s appalling at times. 

His assists have definitely masked over how weak he’s been going backwards. Although I don’t entirely blame him for that, he’s been put in a position that doesn’t suit him. 

im not a fan of reach at all, and think he was still our weak link against Leeds, but one thing i will say is he is never a midfield player in a month of Sundays, so he has got to stay at left back, if he has to play, which Carlos clearly thinks he does, at least his constant passing backwards is less of an issue at left back

There’s a player in there. 

Think his versatility is useful but also a hindrance. Would like to see CC just keep him at left back and go with it. 

Seems to suit his game, particularly in the diamond formation where he’s afforded a lot of space.