The Top Six

Like a few have mentioned already...

when the fixtures pile up, injuries, suspensions and have to use your squad, that's when I feel the league will really start to take shape...

when novemeber hits and it's game after game, and you have to utilise the whole squad I feel that's when we should start to move up the pack more and more...our strength in depth is up there so the top 4 squads in the division, we have quality on the bench and in reserve not many teams have that. 

Can see Cardiff & Wolves been in the top 6 end of season, but likewise Wednesday, Villa & Boro 

personally, optimistic I know I think we will be pushing top 2 come may, all teams go on bad runs, I'm hoping ours has already been and gone. When you have 3 fixtures a week you can soon make up ground

13 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

As are countless others teams several with just as good squads as ours. 

I honestly don't think there are that many teams with a squad as good as ours! No one has a striker with the pedigree of Rhodes warming the bench!

But we are the only team in the division that has made the playoffs in the last two season.

Who is going for top two this season? Wolves? Villa? Cardiff? none of them would be disappointed if they only made the playoffs.

I'd view it as failure if we didn't go up and I don't think we should be relaying on the lottery of the playoffs after last seasons debacle!

19 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I honestly don't think there are that many teams with a squad as good as ours! No one has a striker with the pedigree of Rhodes warming the bench!

But we are the only team in the division that has made the playoffs in the last two season.

Who is going for top two this season? Wolves? Villa? Cardiff? none of them would be disappointed if they only made the playoffs.

I'd view it as failure if we didn't go up and I don't think we should be relaying on the lottery of the playoffs after last seasons debacle!

Derby have Bent warming the bench considering he spent most of his career scoring in the top division I would say his pedigree is better than Rhodes.

With the money spent both Villa and Wolves owners would be looking for autos  as would Hull and Middlesbrough.

Reading , Leeds and Fulham would all be looking to push on and then the outsiders too.

This is the most competitive league in the world and expecting top two is extremely optomistic thinking , we have a squad capable of this BUT as we found out in the playoffs last year it is extremely injury prone.

11 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Derby have Bent warming the bench considering he spent most of his career scoring in the top division I would say his pedigree is better than Rhodes.

With the money spent both Villa and Wolves owners would be looking for autos  as would Hull and Middlesbrough.

Reading , Leeds and Fulham would all be looking to push on and then the outsiders too.

This is the most competitive league in the world and expecting top two is extremely optomistic thinking , we have a squad capable of this BUT as we found out in the playoffs last year it is extremely injury prone.

Well its just all about expectations, after finishing6th then 4th I expect 2nd and with the squad and the way we played against Leeds I see no reason why we can't do this"

And yes the league is competitive that's because everyone is mediocre at best!

On ‎04‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 15:14, steelowl said:

There's no question the are playing the' fresh team full of morale in a new division' card well for now 

however come christmas I think the cards and niggles will deplete their squad - let's see how they do then 

you need to be very lucky or have a good size squad to get through the season we learnt that one 

Agree totally. I think unless they are mightily lucky with injuries, suspensions and form, they do nor have the strength in depth.

Wilder has done a fantastic job however his own arrogance and disparaging comments about other teams post match will come back to bite his posterior 

22 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

For the sake of those who negged or appear confused, Wilder has got a team which is second-bottom in cost to third in the table. I'd say that's exceptional, whether we like it or not.

If they are 3rd at the end of the season you will have a point.

8 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

He's also 6 years older. 

1 hour ago, Big Jack said:

Agree totally. I think unless they are mightily lucky with injuries, suspensions and form, they do nor have the strength in depth.

Wilder has done a fantastic job however his own arrogance and disparaging comments about other teams post match will come back to bite his posterior 

But didn't they have their 2 first choice strikers missing at Hillsborough and still scored 4? 

25 minutes ago, Almat said:

He's also 6 years older. 

What's that got to do with his pedigree , Tricky Trev was in his late 30s and used to come on and control a game upfront for us. 

Given the current situation and the way we play Bent would be a better option on our bench than Rhodes.

Rhodes needs to be starting but with Hooper on form and fit there is no chance of that. 

Wel be there,Villa and Norwich should be up there come the end,decent squads at both clubs,Villa especially,despite having that clown Bruce,I can see them getting stronger as the season goes on,same as us really,theyl grow as the season unfolds,Colin will keep his lot motivated.

Not sure about the other two,fulham are starting to click a bit but look hit & miss,but reading look way off this time around,still early days,Xmas will give us a clearer idea of whose going to be the major players,Wolves look good this season.