The Top Six

So not the start we were all looking for but there's still a long way to go.

At this stage last season Norwich, Bristol City and Birmingham were all in the top 6 but didn't go the distance.

At the same stage in the prior season Reading and Birmingham were also in the top 6 but didn't seal the deal.

Currently we're outside of the top six (similar to the prior two seasons) but we made it through.

So who out of the current top 6 (Cardiff, Wolves, Pigs, Bristol, Weeds and Preston) will fall by the wayside and make room for us and which other teams?

12 minutes ago, Gresh said:

At this stage last season Norwich, Bristol City and Birmingham were all in the top 6 but didn't go the distance.

At the same stage in the prior season Reading and Birmingham were also in the top 6 but didn't seal the deal.

Currently we're outside of the top six (similar to the prior two seasons) but we made it through.

So who out of the current top 6 (Cardiff, Wolves, Pigs, Bristol, Weeds and Preston) will fall by the wayside and make room for us and which other teams?

All of em 

19 minutes ago, Gresh said:

What makes you think we will do enough to make the top 6? 

While I have to admit I've been impressed by the Blunts (a bit like you might do an impressive turd), I just can't see them having anywhere near enough quality to last the course.

Pashun will only get you so far.

Cardiff for example have the same mentality, but a far superior group of players.

Of the current top 6 I'd only fancy Wolves to stay there.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Who were the top 2 this time last season ?

If you take this a step further and look at the top two after the end of the previous two season (Burnley and Middlesborough - 2015/16) (Newcastle and Brighton - 2016-17) all 4 teams were at least in the top 6 at this stage of the season.

Hopefully history doesn't repeat this season, but it does highlight how an average start to the season can cripple an automatic promotion push.

7 minutes ago, Gresh said:

I think on our day we're good enough to beat any teams in the league and I'm backing us to finish at least in the top 6.

Not sure I can stand another play off season, top 2 please but were going to have to produce Sundays performance more consistently

4 minutes ago, Brad_owl said:

Can you imagine a play off final against Sheff United?

Would you take that match now to get into the Premier League?

Tough one. 

It would certainly be an interesting game but the reward of getting to the Premier League and doing over Yoonited would be a mouth watering prospect.

On the flipside if we lost... nah doesn't bear thinking about, I think we would do them!

Best to forget about the top 6 or promotion, we are a million miles away from any consistency which suggests we would be challengers. A great performance and result v Leeds, but only time will tell whether this papers over the cracks or is a long term change in approach, we have seen before Carlos pull out a big performance just to revert to type for the following matches. 

We are currently mid table, that is not going to change in the foreseeable future, lets just take each match at a time and let the season unfold.