Can he do a job for us ?

2 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

I was walking down to Hillsborough last Sunday (Leeds game) from my Walkley parking spot and saw that I was walking behind a guy with a dark blue Wednesday jacket with the words "Club Chaplain" on the back. I'm not a particularly religious person, but neither am I a person that would make light of any person who is. But it just got me thinking of what this man might do for our club ? If anyone actually knows then please tell us. Do other clubs have a club Chaplain ? Is it a full time position ?

Anyway, I digress, as I was walking down and into the ground and I had arrived particularly early, I sat for a little while in my seat and pondered what he could do for us, in "My World".Where was he when we needed him during the derby match ? or do Sheff Utd have a Chaplain too, so any of his interventions would be  "equalised" ? Why can't he visit the treatment room every Monday morning and take on delegated powers from above and heal the likes of FF and Loovens.?  Why can't he visit the vending/refreshment areas and have a go at turning the water into wine and turning 5 chips and 2 pies into a free feast for us pilgrims ? He could have parted the water during our great flood ?

Seriously, why do we have a Club Chaplain ? Whats his purpose in life ? Is he there for the staff or the fans (or both).I wish I had caught him up on our walk to the ground as I should have asked him these questions myself. I'm sure he can do a job for us though.

I think you or He would find most of the Koppites are aetheists .... thank god.... ecept when we are leading and praying for the full time whistle.

2 hours ago, owlmanc said:

Obviously didn't pray hard enough before the derby game. 

The praying thing is difficult.

If there is a God, then he sits separately from the universe he brought into being.  He has an existence outside space-time.  If you think of him as an observer outside of space-time then he can observe all points in space-time with equal access.  The end of the derby game is just as perceptible to God as the start of it.  More than that, however, God not only can perceive space-time but created it: he created as a whole a universe including all of space-time.  So in the act of creation there was equally created the state of affairs including the kick-off and the full-time whistle.

Not much a chaplain can do about that.  Although of course any praying done by the chaplain is equally a created moment.

4 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

If there is a God, then he sits separately from the universe he brought into being.  He has an existence outside space-time.  If you think of him as an observer outside of space-time then he can observe all points in space-time with equal access.  The end of the derby game is just as perceptible to God as the start of it.  More than that, however, God not only can perceive space-time but created it: he created as a whole a universe including all of space-time.  So in the act of creation there was equally created the state of affairs including the kick-off and the full-time whistle.

Not much a chaplain can do about that.  Although of course any praying done by the chaplain is equally a created moment.

So who is responsible for the moment that the Blades were created ....can't have been the same " outside of space observer" who created us can it ?

1 minute ago, thewookieisdown said:

The Blades.  Siamese cats.  Mrs Browns Boys.  Toothache.  We cannot fathom his secret purposes

Well its sort of reassuring to know that he has a sense of humour when creating these totally useless entities.....although I quite like Siamese cats, they are sort of aloof animals

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

It's this bloke, just to point anyone wishing to register derby-related complaints in the right direction. Seem to remember him coming to our school a couple of times but his talks can't have made much of an impression as I can't remember a blind thing about them.

baz.JPG

Yep certainly looks like him. Just to make certain, can you twist the photo around so I can see the back of him, as I was walking behind him.He sounds like an all round capable guy though.Good man.

4 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Can he get us moving the ball quicker