New Shirt - "I could see how we could help them pretty quickly"

42 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

What sort of madness is this? Kids were more divided between the two than most adults when I was at school! WTF: Has there been some sort of shift to an 'ah well it's all Sheffield innit' mentality since I were a lad?

Think it's because he's seen his friends at school have got new shirts, for football practice and he's having to make do with last year's.

Tbf he's five.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Think it's because he's seen his friends at school have got new shirts, for football practice and he's having to make do with last year's.

Tbf he's five.

Aw bless 'im. I guess we can forgive the outrageous transgression at that age. Great that he's enjoying his footy so young.

(Do lock him in the cellar overnight with Singing The Blues on loop just in case though.) lol

Guest Manwithastick
3 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Isn't the problem down to somebody at the club not insisting that the original supplier sticks is to the contract at the agreed price?

Whoever decided to just back out needs a few lessons in negotiating skills. A contract at an agreed price should have been enforced then we wouldn't be in this mess. Assuming there WAS a proper contract. Assuming we have a legal department.  

What kind of company agrees a price then reneges at a later date? SWFC would never pull a trick like that would they? Remind me how 

the contracts for boxes went one we reached Wembley?

All lies and bullshite to cover up for utter incompetence in our 150th year. No, not every thing will be done correctly. Some things are too important

to balls up though.

15 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

My kid just asked me for a Sheffield Utd shirt. Because he can't get a Wednesday one.

Feel dirty and upset and also a terrible father. 

Cheers swfc.

Ps he can flip off I'm not going in that bloody club shop. I'll burst into flames.

Now is the time to consider putting him up for adoption and you and the missus getting to work on having another one - new shirt might just be out by the time another kid reaches 5!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manwithastick said:

What kind of company agrees a price then reneges at a later date? SWFC would never pull a trick like that would they? Remind me how 

the contracts for boxes went one we reached Wembley?

All lies and bullshite to cover up for utter incompetence in our 150th year. No, not every thing will be done correctly. Some things are too important

to balls up though.

What goes around comes around doesn't it.

Wouldn't suprise me if the original kit supplier got their idea, after hearing about our box skank.

15 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

Tbf he's five.

Buy him a Barca shirt and tell him he's gonna be the next Messi  lol 

Surely that article he’s done there plunges Wednesday into an even bigger hole when it comes to pricing. If it ever makes it across the water that is!

Because of the delay there’s a definite feeling amongst us all that it would be out of order if they club price the shirt in the usual £40-50 band. 

But now, in addition to this, their guy has pretty much confirmed the club have got the shirts a shed load cheaper than they would’ve from a normal sportswear supplier.

So if the club eventually bring these shirts out for more than last season, or even at the same price, it’ll be seen as them trying to rip the fans off. Especially as he’s intimating that the margin has increased this year due to a lower cost price!

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

Isn't the problem down to somebody at the club not insisting that the original supplier sticks is to the contract at the agreed price?

Whoever decided to just back out needs a few lessons in negotiating skills. A contract at an agreed price should have been enforced then we wouldn't be in this mess. Assuming there WAS a proper contract. Assuming we have a legal department.  

Sorry these are the new terms...I insist...oh ok then THESE ARE THE NEW TERMS 

untitled.png

5 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Just get him an England shirt

3 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

Buy him a Barca shirt and tell him he's gonna be the next Messi  lol 

Both under consideration, however I'm more a Madrid fan.

Hmmmm.

19 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We're over 4 pages now son. 

That would most definitely suggest that it's simply that this thread and others aren't to your taste and that's totally fine

If you don't like a thread don't read it or don't reply on it etc but don't expect the site to only solely and exclusively post threads that you like or approve of because that's not going to happen.

Now shut up moaning and crack on 

lol

Ta

Amen