New Shirt - "I could see how we could help them pretty quickly"

4 hours ago, t'owl said:

I like to imagine that there are only 18 prototype shirts and after every game one of the players (on a rota system) has to collect everyone's shirts and take them home for some Daz/Persil action. Look closely and you'll see the player numbers are actually velcroed on so Carlos can change the squad without needing extra shirts. Genius bit of money saving that must be doing wonders for our FFP situation.

Bloody hope not did you see how ripped hoopers shirt was after weekend can’t have him wearing same one

1 hour ago, DeeJayOne said:

When, as a club we ditched a mainline 'kit manufacturer', we lost access to the pretty much the only large-scale regular kit manufacturing plants in the world, because those big-name manufacturers book the ones that exist out pretty much fully months and months in advance. So, we have to look for smaller scale manufacturers with their own plants - many of which will struggle with such a big order (for retail) in such a short timeframe, which means getting in much earlier in any case - thats why my alarm bells started ringing when the previous 'deal' collapsed as late as this Spring just gone - it should all have been done and dusted and we should have been in production well in advance of then in a small-scale plant anyway, so we were bound to have major delays.

Of course, I don't know the full ins-and-outs, or what OnTheGo's capacity actually is (or the previous manufacturer which fell through), but it doesn't feel like good preparation on the club's part to me and the buck should reasonably stop there.

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame OnTheGo for the deal, of course they would jump to such a deal knowing probably we are in a sticky situation since we're far too late; I solely blame the club for getting themselves in the position this was the option they had to go for. If they had been quicker to move ahead with finalising shirt designs, etc. we could've got a deal with a big manufacturer. I hope someone at head office has put in a reminder to start working on Shirt designs for '18/'19 already now in November so that these are finished by January/February and ready to go.

Sounds like this guy is trying a slightly different model to most kit manufacturers. Not ideal so far, but it'll be interesting to see if it works out better financially for Wednesday in the long run to source the manufacturer like this and separately sell the sponsor slot traditionally used for the manufacturer. 

If Chansiri was so bothered about FFP he would have ordered a striped kit.  How can he throw away shirt sales just based on the fact that he doesn't like stripes but then insist on charging top dollar for tickets and shirts appealing to fans to help with FFP.

A striped retro kit made by Umbro, or a recreation of the most popular shirt...the Bukta....would have sold all summer long making huge profits.

This situation is part incompetence and part stubborness.

2 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Nowt to do wi that pal, was more a dig at the spam-meister general OP who constantly starts pointless click bait threads so he can earn money through them via the sponsors he’s got plastered all over his threads.

Its a shame, this site can be very good, the OP is ruining it for himself though.

Well said Finlux, some of these posts are just getting ridiculous (International Break helps him I suppose)

4 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Well said Finlux, some of these posts are just getting ridiculous (International Break helps him I suppose)

Obviously, this topic is of interest to some people because we're three pages in now...

This site is built on people creating their own interesting topics and discussions. Why don't you just ignore the posts you think are ridiculous and start more threads that you are interested in??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Nowt to do wi that pal, was more a dig at the spam-meister general OP who constantly starts pointless click bait threads so he can earn money through them via the sponsors he’s got plastered all over his threads.

Its a shame, this site can be very good, the OP is ruining it for himself though.

Ghost ungrateful you are.

TBH I would do the same if it was my site.

Maybe we could have a Happy and you know it section for the likes of you.

Personally I'm not bothered about replica kits, always find them a bit uncomfortable and largely unsuitable for any occasions other than matchday, so they never seem decent value to me even at £30-40, never mind £50-60.

However, I would love some official Owls clothing to wear to games that would add to the sea of Wednesday colours in the home end.

My problem is that, in a leisurewear category of more than 30 items on the official website, we sell literally NOTHING in our club colours. Everything's navy, grey or cream.

https://www.medocmall.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_sheffieldwednesday&state=products&dept_id=22&sub_dept_id=10

(Ok, there's the arguable exception of the weird cycling jersey, but that's downright bizarre and looks slightly too light blue to me anyway).

That's got to be unheard of anywhere else in the football league, surely?

Fair enough if the replica kits debacle hasn't been entirely the club's fault, but browsing our Megastore and not being able to buy one single item in our proper home colours is just...I mean...how does that even happen?!

Edited by Mr. Tom

Oh god, the women's section is even worse

https://www.medocmall.co.uk/cgi-bin/live/ecommerce.pl?site=theclubshop_sheffieldwednesday&state=products&dept_id=22&sub_dept_id=20

FFS, how hard is it just to order in a few different basic t-shirts, hoodies and jackets in the famous Wednesday blue (or even something remotely close to it)?

I could order a box of 'em on Amazon in three minutes. Absolutely insane.

My kid just asked me for a Sheffield Utd shirt. Because he can't get a Wednesday one.

Feel dirty and upset and also a terrible father. 

Cheers swfc.

Ps he can flip off I'm not going in that bloody club shop. I'll burst into flames.

22 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

My kid just asked me for a Sheffield Utd shirt. Because he can't get a Wednesday one.

Cheers swfc.

Ps he can flip off I'm not going in that bloody club shop. I'll burst into flames.

What sort of madness is this? Kids were more divided between the two than most adults when I was at school! WTF: Has there been some sort of shift to an 'ah well it's all Sheffield innit' mentality since I were a lad?

9 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Nowt to do wi that pal, was more a dig at the spam-meister general OP who constantly starts pointless click bait threads

We're over 4 pages now son. 

That would most definitely suggest that it's simply that this thread and others aren't to your taste and that's totally fine

If you don't like a thread don't read it or don't reply on it etc but don't expect the site to only solely and exclusively post threads that you like or approve of because that's not going to happen.

Now shut up moaning and crack on 

lol

Ta

Owlstalk Shop

48 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Cheers swfc.

I'm telling sag .

• Haha 1