Justice for Wildsmith

Deserves to be our number 1. 

Top young goalkeeper. Composed, excellent distribution, excellent shot stopper, claims crosses confidently. 

Westwood is fantastic, but Wildsmith is going to be our number one for a long time. 

Excellent again today, did a great job. I think he should be number one over Westwood now. Give him a chance Carlos.

I’d imagine Westy knows he needs to get back fit pronto while he can still keep the lad out of the side

It’s been known for a while now how good Joe is gunna be, will he go out on loan ? Maybe depending on Westwood’s fitness but Joe will be No 1 here sooner or later 

Why change a winning team? Wildsmith kept a clean sheet and looked composed all game.

Can't complain with Westwood since he's been here but he's not got off to the best start this season with a few clangers and poor distribution. 

He is an outstanding young keeper who got a bit more flak than he deserved for making errors in the rare opportunities he got last season. 

He’s a young lad with a heck of a lot of potential, but he will need a loan at some point to help him develop. Keepers need to be allowed to make their mistakes when they’re young, and there’s way too much pressure on SWFC for that. 

Very pleased with wildsmith as our keeper, and if we had sold Westwood, I'd be more than happy to run with him and Dawson as our keepers.

But anyone suggesting that the league's best keeper should be dropped have smoked some seriously dangerous baccy. Westwood is going straight in at #1 when fit, and rightly so.

If Westwood attracts a silly offer (£3m+) in summer, then cash in and promote wildsmith up to first choice. But not before then.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, MOwl said:

Top young goalkeeper. Composed, excellent distribution, excellent shot stopper, claims crosses confidently. 

Westwood is fantastic, but Wildsmith is going to be our number one for a long time. 

Excellent again today, did a great job. I think he should be number one over Westwood now. Give him a chance Carlos.

Not a chance pal!  Although I can see why you are saying that with Westwoods form this season 

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Very pleased with wildsmith as our keeper, and if we had sold Westwood, I'd be more than happy to run with him and Dawson as our keepers.

But anyone suggesting that the league's best keeper should be dropped have smoked some seriously dangerous baccy. Westwood is going straight in at #1 when fit, and rightly so.

If Westwood attracts a silly offer (£3m+) in summer, then cash in and promote wildsmith up to first choice. But not before then.

I don’t believe Westwood should be dropped, this season if he stays fit Westwood will keep him out but in the not too distant future that shirt will be Wildsmiths

I believe westwoods contract runs out end of next season ( I maybe wrong though) if it does be interesting to see what the club do when it comes to offering him a new one ...you'd think he'd be looking for one last good deal and with the club giving wildsmith 5 years the club may not be too keen on giving westy what he's looking for .

Westwood still number one but he's been iffy this year

Cost us points against Sunderland and Cardiff, thought he should have done better with the first and third goal against the blunts

Won us loads of points in the past, hope he comes back with his usual high standard

6 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

He doesn't go straight back in for me because he's been very poor this season. You play who's on form . If wildsmith is no better then fair enough, but if he has a stormer next couple of weeks then he keeps his place for me

Edited by james o connor

9 hours ago, MOwl said:

Hi Joe, well played yesterday mate.