Wallace

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

I think he's at times one of the major issues in our team . Having said that he was very good today 

Agreed. Wallace on his day is a great addition to the team but due to his size and lack of pace he struggles at times. Also him being left footed and playing on the right makes him predictable and easier to defend 1v1 against. Still the best we've got currently.

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

You know, I just think we're so much better with him in the side

The little partnership he has with Hunt, his delivery from set pieces and just his character on the pitch are so important. Never mind his ability to shoot from distance

it's an interesting one though - technically he's not the best, he doesn't get long contracts like the others and he doesn't get much fan recognition.

I like him. And I think he played a key role today

I was reading some tweets by our fans when the team sheet came up and people were asking why Wallace was in the side saying he's useless etc.I spent the whole match saying thats why over and over again he may not be the quickest but he's a constant menace down the right hand side and he weighs in with some very important goals.

Tbf he has been quite poor this season. 

A bit ponderous in his play and his crossing/corners have left a lot to be desired. 

Today though he was excellent, back to his best. 

His crossing and set plays were spot on too. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf he has been quite poor this season. 

A bit ponderous in his play and his crossing/corners have left a lot to be desired. 

Today though he was excellent, back to his best. 

His crossing and set plays were spot on too

That can be said for the whole team too today.

The Pigs and Birmingham was about as bad as I've ever seen our crossing.

1 minute ago, cowl said:

That can be said for the whole team too today.

The Pigs and Birmingham was about as bad as I've ever seen our crossing.

Yep. 

Too much floaty, overhit nonsense. 

Today was much, much improved. It's an important part of our game, particularly when you've got players like Fletch, Lees etc who are a handful in the air. 

Edited by SiJ

Wallace was very good today, like many others

Tho if you were to ask me what position we needed to strengthen in January I would probably still say we need a pacy and creative wide player, and Wallace would be the obvious player to make way

maybe it's consistency that's the problem  

Edited by Southie_Owl

13 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Wallace was very good today, like many others

Tho if you were to ask me what position we needed to strengthen in January I would probably still say we need a pacy and creative wide player, and Wallace would be the obvious player to make way

maybe it's consistency that's the problem  

That's one thing that's a genuine credit to Wallace though, he's seen off every challenge for his spot since he's signed.

In fact, ever since he's signed he's always been one of those that I felt we needed to improve on.

Undoubtedly, our recruitment also has to be heavily questioned, but I do think Wallace has also shown his qualities enough times to never be overlooked, even if only for a place in the 18.

He's been a good signing.

I've been critical of him this season but he was excellent today. Great link up play with Hunt, Palmer & Hooper. Used the ball better then he's done all season. Their defenders couldn't really cope with him.

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

You know, I just think we're so much better with him in the side

The little partnership he has with Hunt, his delivery from set pieces and just his character on the pitch are so important. Never mind his ability to shoot from distance

it's an interesting one though - technically he's not the best, he doesn't get long contracts like the others and he doesn't get much fan recognition.

I like him. And I think he 

Good player, important squad member, gets on with the job, him and loovens underestimated

Had an absolute stormer today. Been pretty poor for me this season til now. Much like the rest of the team tbh. Let's see how they all go from here.

The most frustrating thing is that we know we are capable of performances like that today but we have to endure 4/5 shockers alongside it.

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It's funny with Wallace, he does the same routine every time he gets it on the wing, cuts in, cuts out, maybe cuts in again, and the majority of defenders still fall for it after all these years 

Fell for it every time today. Some decent deliveries to boot.

Reminds me a bit of Maguire from a few seasons ago. Always gives his best, and doesn't shirk his duties , but it doesn't always come off for him. Has a bit of the devil in him and loves winding the opposition up. Would sooner have him with us than against us. Can imagine he's very important to morale within the squad. 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

It's funny with Wallace, he does the same routine every time he gets it on the wing, cuts in, cuts out, maybe cuts in again, and the majority of defenders still fall for it after all these years 

I used to think the same about Waddle if I'm being honest!