Wildsmith

3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Played well. Needs to get off his line quicker. Looks the part to me.

This for me .. needs to come off his line at set pieces but apart from that proper solid. Very impressed with his kicking ... if he can improve on coming off the line yeah fair play to him, very good!

38 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Westwood must be about 31/32 now. He's probably the heir to the throne 

Depends on how long Westwood keeps going.  Not that unusual for 'keepers to play till mid-30s.  Not sure that Wildsmith would be content to play back up for the next three seasons.  Also, should we get promoted I can see us probably looking to get another top, experienced, goalkeeper.

My heart would love for an academy player to nail that number one position, but my head says it's probably unlikely. 

I thought he did well today although I think he's over-hyped on here, and I worry about the number of injuries he's picked up already.

For me Westwood is still the clear number 1 when fit. For the life of me I still don't understand why Wildsmith isn't out on loan playing week in week out with Dawson on the bench.

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Depends on how long Westwood keeps going.  Not that unusual for 'keepers to play till mid-30s.  Not sure that Wildsmith would be content to play back up for the next three seasons.  Also, should we get promoted I can see us probably looking to get another top, experienced, goalkeeper.

My heart would love for an academy player to nail that number one position, but my head says it's probably unlikely. 

Westwood might keep going but if he isn’t at his best moving forward and Joe improves then he might take his spot