Wednesday 3 : 0 L**ds United OMDT

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that Reach will be constantly exposed due to Bannan wandering all over, and our attacking will mainly be getting it out wide for crap cross after crap cross.

And I get paid a hell of a lot less than CC to spot these things.

I think you get paid far too much pal

Quite unbelievable how two performances, 7 days apart could be so different.  We did ride our luck in the first 15 - 20 minutes and Leeds looked poor at the back all afternoon.  But we seemed much more creative going forward and hunted in packs further forward on the pitch to regain possession.  That's exactly what we did in Carlos' first season, - so why didn't we continue throughout last season and so far this.

If we can play like that every game, then maybe Carlos still has a future at Hillsborough, (and I am one of those who have been calling for him to go) -  but it's so frustrating to consider how we've been playing for 15 months or so. 

13 hours ago, Kevan said:

If we can play like that every game, then maybe Carlos still has a future at Hillsborough, (and I am one of those who have been calling for him to go) -  but it's so frustrating to consider how we've been playing for 15 months or so. 

Can i just ask what you do for a job?

Do you perform at a v high level all the time? Do you then get hounded by people who know sweet FA but think they are keyboard brian cloughs if you dont perform?

Im just wondering were this unrealistic demanding attitude you have comes from?

Where you believe you are owed good performances every week.. and then MAYBE he can keep his job. Lol.

Do you realise what you sound like?

Some of our fans are like spoilt brats. We should be.. i want.. we werent... lol

1 hour ago, benni8 said:

Do you perform at a v high level all the time? Do you then get hounded by people who know sweet FA but think they are keyboard brian cloughs if you dont perform?

Where you believe you are owed good performances every week.. and then MAYBE he can keep his job. Lol.

Some of our fans are like spoilt brats. We should be.. i want.. we werent... lol

Sorry pal but you’re barking up the wrong tree there. It isn’t unreasonable to expect a decent performance out of the team every week and to expect the manager to be able to drag one out of the players, especially considering the quality at his disposal. 

Doesn’t matter what he or anyone else does for a job. People don’t pay thousands of pounds and travel hundreds of miles a year to watch me do my job, and I don’t earn £30,000+ per week. And if any of those things were happening then you’re damn right I’m putting more effort in. 

If I only turned in a couple of decent performances a month at work, I’d be sacked.

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

2 hours ago, benni8 said:

I've had several jobs over the years and yes, I do perform at a high level all the time.  It's what is expected of me.   And whilst my job isn't physically demanding, my pay is nowhere near what professional footballers are paid.  To me, it's not unrealistic to expect the team to perform tactically and effort wise, much more like yesterday, than the previous Sunday.  That is their job and Carols' job to set the team up in a way that ensures they at least perform at a competitive level.  I'm NOT any kind of spoilt brat but last Sundays' performance (and many more over the last 15 months) have been lacking in approach and tempo.  Yesterday was much better and should be the level at which the bar is set.

4 minutes ago, Kevan said:

I've had several jobs over the years and yes, I do perform at a high level all the time.  It's what is expected of me.   And whilst my job isn't physically demanding, my pay is nowhere near what professional footballers are paid.  To me, it's not unrealistic to expect the team to perform tactically and effort wise, much more like yesterday, than the previous Sunday.  That is their job and Carols' job to set the team up in a way that ensures they at least perform at a competitive level.  I'm NOT any kind of spoilt brat but last Sundays' performance (and many more over the last 15 months) have been lacking in approach and tempo.  Yesterday was much better and should be the level at which the bar is set.

*checks watch

Is it your day off today then?

3 hours ago, benni8 said:

Yes, Alex Ferguson was a spoilt brat demanding the best from his team and making them consistently perform. As was Clough and no doubt Shankly and Paisley

What a ridiculous comment. Teams can be relentless week in week out. As a spectator sport, their effort will be commented on and discussed openly

Working on a lathe, or as a Salesperson or as a truck driver are examples of occupations that are not spectator sports and thus not subject to critique by the general public. This trend to somehow equate the desire for success with the want-it-now culture is lazy and nauseous

I'm sure our cavemen ancestors just sat around all day and didn't want to advance - oh wait, that was probably the Neanderthals

Edited by owlandished

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

*checks watch

Is it your day off today then?

Actually I now only work part-time, having reached an age where I have been able to "semi-retire".  I guess you made an assumption that I work full-time.  It's not really clever to make assumptions when you don't have all the facts to hand!

Just now, Kevan said:

Actually I now only work part-time, having reached an age where I have been able to "semi-retire".  I guess you made an assumption that I work full-time.  It's not really clever to make assumptions when you don't have all the facts to hand!

Apologies, I thought it might be ok to make a joke but I see now that you're quite an uptight person.

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Apologies, I thought it might be ok to make a joke but I see now that you're quite an uptight person.

I can take a joke of course, but your comment came across as just a sarcastic dig.  The subject of the thread is yesterday's performance, - why not just stick to that instead of making derisory comments about people when you don't have the facts.