Rumour time

MOwl

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

I like the guy and he doesn't deserve the ending he will get here, but I think the writing is on the wall and the only delay is a lack of a credible replacement. He will be gone at the end of the season at the latest IMO.

That really is the crux of it,the names put forward so far are pretty much meh,or just not worthy (IMO).

6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He was coming back strongly before the Derby. I had been wavering but the string of results and disciplined performances had won me over again.

The Derby shattered that. It made the playoff final, play off semi look like good performances and added a dollop of humiliation into the mix too. The nightmare scenario we thought unthinkable in the summer has unfolded and I am holding the manager responsible, even though the players have let him and us down, they are his players.

We cannot get where we need to be if we cannot win pressured games. The games CC mentions in his defence against newcastle and Brighton were when there were no expectations of a win, when there is we go to pieces. I am also of the belief that his dislike for pace and strength would only see us relegated if we went up. 

I like the guy and he doesn't deserve the ending he will get here, but I think the writing is on the wall and the only delay is a lack of a credible replacement. He will be gone at the end of the season at the latest IMO.

Sad, but ultimately I can't disagree with a word of this

A mixture of recruitment and just mental frailties brought on by two playoff failures on a largely unchanged squad has ruined a lot of the fight we could have. Too few strings to the bow, too little ability to cope with the pressure. 

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

On the books of Doyen and Portuguese? Be surprised if he swapped champions league football for championship football though.

Not sure living in the Ukraine and your club not having a home because the city is occupied is much fun. Certainly Joe Palmer saw the appeal of a move in the same direction.

His record is also pretty decent. Looks like a good fit in a number of ways though doesn't it?

5 hours ago, PeteG_1984 said:

This is probably why he hasn't already got the boot. Most chairman have the replacement lines up before they pull the trigger. Otherwise, they end up in an even bigger pickle.

Our chairman has decided to take the lining up of replacements in house, but the list was not of the required quality and sent back, he then switched supplier of said lists and I believe the lists are urgently being made up and they hope to have it in within the next month or so

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Thanks.

No thanks.

Why not?

I'm not advocating him with this job but rumours are rumours.

He's a well known journey man and has been know to live out of suitcases so he should be able to pack a defence, something we've been lacking.

Edited by M Royds

29 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Not sure living in the Ukraine and your club not having a home because the city is occupied is much fun. Certainly Joe Palmer saw the appeal of a move in the same direction.

His record is also pretty decent. Looks like a good fit in a number of ways though doesn't it?

I don't see us appointing a old style british coach under the current ownership. I think threre's a chance we might go for a decorated ex-pro but the most likely successor will be a continental coach, the way we're run, set up is ready made for one. Still think Carlos will get the season but I'm certain there will be a change in the summer now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Is that Fonseca?

I noticed he was one of Doyen's clients, and saw he was at Shakhtar and remember Palmer had come from there, and wondered whether he'd be a potential replacement. 

He's an appointment that would "fit." Just the lure of Champions League football could be a stumbling block.