Rumour time

MOwl

15 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

And the man from Chap said everyone attack, and it turned into a ballroom blitz

And the woman from the Kop said you're gonna get the chop and it turned into a ballroom blitz, ballroom blitz

That's the "sweetest" post ive heard for some time !      

lol

58 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Just spoken to a chap. 

He said if SWFC dont win this weekend the manager is 100% being changed. 

We're already sounding out replacements. 

Don't shoot the messenger...

Which would heap a load of pressure on CC in his approach as he would normally consider a draw a good result against a top team. In isolation you couldn't ague with that also, but the context has changed, which has been in the making for some time. Therefore, CC has used up most of the goodwill and patience, which is doing.

It's a shame it's come to this, but its inevitable in the world of football. Fans, maybe unreasonably, want results and to be entertained. CC may consider only results matter, and maybe DC agreed with this. Once the results start drying up, he has no sympathy or support from all, including DC.

2 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

That's the "sweetest" post ive heard for some time !      

lol

Owls Talk are lucky to have a poster of my intelligence, wit, and good looks. Fact.

lol

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MOwl said:

Just spoken to a chap. 

He said if SWFC dont win this weekend the manager is 100% being changed. 

We're already sounding out replacements. 

Don't shoot the messenger...

I don't want him to fail. I really don't. He's a charismatic and charming manager who has given us our two best league finishes since the turn of the millennium. 

But it's just so stale that I wouldn't be able to react in any other way than with a sigh of relief if he were to be sacked. Which is sad

He was coming back strongly before the Derby. I had been wavering but the string of results and disciplined performances had won me over again.

The Derby shattered that. It made the playoff final, play off semi look like good performances and added a dollop of humiliation into the mix too. The nightmare scenario we thought unthinkable in the summer has unfolded and I am holding the manager responsible, even though the players have let him and us down, they are his players.

We cannot get where we need to be if we cannot win pressured games. The games CC mentions in his defence against newcastle and Brighton were when there were no expectations of a win, when there is we go to pieces. I am also of the belief that his dislike for pace and strength would only see us relegated if we went up. 

I like the guy and he doesn't deserve the ending he will get here, but I think the writing is on the wall and the only delay is a lack of a credible replacement. He will be gone at the end of the season at the latest IMO.