Five Players who maybe should never have come to Sheffield Wednesday

On 29 September 2017 at 16:52, hasthagotanycheese said:

Agreed. We properly had our leg lifted with Reach. £500,000 yes but £5 million is utter utter madness

We haven't paid £5m for Reach and he's been our best signing of last two years although it does have to be said the competition is very weak.

On 4 October 2017 at 09:05, steelowl said:

I think when the team struggles there's  a need amongst some to search for blame  and often 'sick note' but good players are thought of a shirkers and a waste of money, Abdi the latest target.

I think Hinchcliffe oozed class when he played but ultimately he was a bad buy value for money wise imo

He oozed class before he came to us but never reached those levels whilst playing for us. Often gave me the impression of a player who knew he was on his last big contract and didn't give 100%.

On 10/4/2017 at 22:09, ramone said:

'He'll never score while he's got an hole in his arse'

My Dad on Petr Rudi

Cant' have been at Blackburn the day he got 2 in a 4-1 win then? I am sure one was with his head as well, though I would have to see that back to believe it, pretty sure the Blackburn PA announced that Donna Summer had scored when Danny Sonner netted in that game too.

Neil did well to get a picture of Rudi attempting a challenge though, a rare sight indeed though the reality is he was probably just falling over rather than making a slide tackle.

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Ex Chelsea forward, can’t remember his name, dived all the time. Scored loads of goals elsewhere but not for us, normal story, and didn’t get on with our fans. Thingy.

Leon Knight? 

He thought very highly of himself, unlike everyone who saw him play for us.

On 29/09/2017 at 20:06, daleblue said:

Add to that puddle/hunt/reach.

Not saying they are the worst but we could have got better.

Actually, yep, are the worst, please get rid, add Loovens to that, jobs a good-un.

PS

And Fox

Edited by daleblue

12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Yes, sorry, that’s him. Never got the feeling he ever wanted to play for us.

Only decent thing I remember him for was scoring a last minute goal against Gillingham away, we were just heading for the exit and I turned around to see him smash a long ranger in the top corner, think it was Chris Turners first game in charge or he'd only recently joined the club.

Knight is a bell of the highest order, even after he quit football he's continued it on Twitter acting a total pr!ck.

Aye, well harsh to include Rudi on the same list as these shysters. 

Replace him with Jonk.

Re Sinton : I rewatched a few 90s season review videos a bit back (needed cheering up!) and was surprised how many goals he either assisted or was involved in the build up to. Didn't hit the heights we hoped for from a record signing but he was pretty good when fit. 

Edited by davethemagicweasel

On 29/09/2017 at 17:07, Lord Snooty said:

Forest had our pants down.  Best part of a million pounds for a striker with the pace of a Stones dray-horse .

I’ve met him on several occasions and spent quite a lot of time with him

He genuinely thinks he was good at Wednesday, other than missing one chance on his debut.

Sadly, his delusion is matched only by his arrogance................

23 minutes ago, WBridgfordowl said:

I’ve met him on several occasions and spent quite a lot of time with him

He genuinely thinks he was good at Wednesday, other than missing one chance on his debut.

Sadly, his delusion is matched only by his arrogance................

Sure Clough once said "He's the only fella with a bigger head than me"

On 29/09/2017 at 17:47, optimisticowl said:

Andy Hinchcliffe played 97 games for us (including cup matches), and was the best left back I've seen play for the Owls, also he won a couple of his England caps whilst playing for us.

He certainly had ability but he also had a heart the size of a pea.