Five Players who maybe should never have come to Sheffield Wednesday

6 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

When I think of bad signings I can't looked beyond the double swoop for Phil O'Donnell and Simon Donnelly.

They'd make Abdi look an ever present.

Were both garbage to be fair, even by Scottish football standards

Edited by steveger

6 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

When I think of bad signings I can't looked beyond the double swoop for Phil O'Donnell and Simon Donnelly.

They'd make Abdi look an ever present.

Remember the other injury prone Scot at the same time: Phil Scott?

I had forgotten him until my lad played with his son in an academy team recently.

its difficult to get a comparison over the years on this,yes we have had some shocking players but a lot of them were earning maybe 2% of our current highest earner Rhodes who is on a reported 50k a wk and upto 10 million transfer fee based on wages transfer fee etc ,cost per goal ,assists etc Rhodes would easily be our biggest let down signing ever ,of course we have had and have far worse players than him. did you know the paul sturock promotion team had a total wage bill of 2 million we have 3 players alone who earn more than that squad put together. based on everything I think the current squad is the biggest let down we cannot sustain a 25 million wage bill without premier league parachute payments and finish lower mid table which looks likely at this stage.